Automating around Gmail's Suggested Recipients feature

I love Text Blaze for use in Gmail. I have a snippet I use to fill out an email to a group of people on occasion (enough to automate it though!). I start the snippet in the To field and it starts typing internal usernames until it gets to who I want added and does an enter. After I am done it does a tab to fill in the Subject and a tab to get to the body. One issue with this is that Gmail loves to offer suggestions as to who you might want to add to the To field and when the snippet goes to tab to the Subject, it instead goes to the suggested names. When this pops up and how many that pop up is not predictable. I don't know of a way to turn that feature off in Gmail. Does anyone have any suggestions for a work around? I am sure I could use "place cursor" to go to the Subject field but I would prefer to reserve that for the body.
20211012-144856496

So after looking through the Gmail Command Pack, I decided I could omit having the snippet manually type recipients and just fill in the subject and body and let the command pack do the rest with multiple commands:
{gmail-cc: susy@example.com}
{gmail-cc: andy@example.com}
{gmail-cc: john@example.com}

3 Likes

Hi @David_Morgan - good thinking. You could also start from the body of the email and {key: shift-tab} back.