Extracting from Selector tool selection

I'm helping someone with messaging in Indeed and the problem I want to solve is how to extract only the date from this selector, {site: text; selector=.msg-NoticeEvent}, to use in the reply.

Hello!

I had thought that I would let you know that I am still available and interested in the {site: text; selector=[data-cy="conversation-bar"] span} position at {site: text; selector=[data-cy="conversation-bar-company"]}. I had submitted my resume for your review on {site: text; selector=.msg-NoticeEvent}.

teacher top

Hi @Santa_Laren,

Assuming the text prior to the date never changes. something like this should work:

Selector Contents: {text="You applied to this position on "&{time: MMMM D, YYYY}; trim=right}
{=text}

Date: {date=extractregex(text, "You applied to this position on (.+)"); trim=right}
{=date}

The first two lines of code are for illustration purposes only. You'll just need the command with the regex function and replace text with the contents of the selector.

1 Like

Thank you Cedric! As always you came through for me!

This is how it worked out finally in case someone later wants to see:

Hello!

I had thought that I would let you know that I am still available and interested in the {site: text; selector=[data-cy="conversation-bar"] span} position at {site: text; selector=[data-cy="conversation-bar-company"]}. I had submitted my resume for your review on {text={site: text; selector=.msg-NoticeEvent}}{date=extractregex(text, "You applied to this position on (.+)"); trim=right}{=date}.

1 Like

Always a pleasure :slight_smile: