Festive themed snippets? Let's get them going!

So, as part of the Text Blaze team, one of my duties is to respond to emails. And of course, I use Text Blaze for that :grin:

Now, with the festive season upon us, I've been signing off my responses with "I wish you a safe and pleasant festive season". After having written it 5+ times, I figured I might as well add it to my email snippet :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

So I'm sharing it here so you can snatch it for your own snippets:

I wish you a safe and pleasant festive season.

Now since this season is all about sharing, it's your turn! Do you have a nice, festive-themed message that you like to use? Share it here! You can insert snippet code by clicking on the gear icon in the reply menu and choosing "Text Blaze Snippet":

In the meantime... I wish you a safe and pleasant festive season :wink:

P.S. For those of you on a Pro account, you can put this as a piece of dynamic content:

{if: {time: MM}==12}I wish you a safe and pleasant festive season.{elseif: ({time: MM}==1 and {time: DD}<8)}Happy new year!{else}Best regards,{endif}

In the first part, the snippet checks the month number, and if it's equal to "12", it inserts the festive salutation.

If it's not, it checks whether the month is equal to "1" and the day is less than "8", and if those conditions are met, it inserts "Happy new year!"

And finally, if none of the conditions are met, it gives me "Best regards,"

Hope you find it useful :slight_smile:

{list1=["Thank you Scott and Cedric. May your eggnog have schnapps with a side of yule-log.", "Thank you Scott and Cedric. May your eggnog have vodka with a side of fig-pudding.", "Thank you Scott and Cedric. May your eggnog have schnapps and vodka with a candy-cane too."]; trim=yes}

{=list1[ceil(random() * count(list1))]; trim=yes}

Haha, cool :grin: You've relly taken to this random text generation thing hehe

Best wishes to you too :slight_smile:

Once upon a forgotten time, I was with undergrad wizard-powers at a marginal university (not a Berkley). I ruled with supernatural skills in GW BASIC, FORTRAN, and PASCAL while gazing upon my high-powered Kaypro crystal-ball computer. This was when hunter-food-gatherers used WordStar to combat the dinosaurs of text-shortcuts.... Times have significantly changed, but small victories are still savored like a sip of eggnog mixed with a shot of magic.

1 Like

Whoa, Wordstar... I'm old enough to remember that, and Deluxe Paint lol.