Getting dropdown menu items to display as a list rather than a single line

Is there a way to get multipile dropdown menu items to display as a list, with one item per line, rather than a single sentence? E.g.
instead of

Hi @Andy_Anderson, welcome to the forum!

You can do this using formatter. Here is a sample snippet :

{formmenu: Item A; Item B; Item C; Item D; multiple=yes; formatter=items -> join(items, "\n")}

Let me know if this helps!

Hi @Andy_Anderson

On top of what @aditya suggested, there are even more ways to play around with this.

When you use a multiple select menu, the choices you pick are saved inside a list. And if you give your menu a label, then you can reuse the contents of that list elsewhere in the snippet.

Here's what I mean:

The menu: {formmenu: name=choices; multiple=yes; choice 1; choice 2; choice 3; choice 4; choice 5}

The list: {=choices}

In the example above, note how the choices you pick from the menu show up underneath between square brackets, with each item surrounded by quotes. This indicates that it is a list.

Now I can use the join() function to join those items by different delimiters.

The menu: {formmenu: name=choices; multiple=yes; choice 1; choice 2; choice 3; choice 4; choice 5}

The list: {=choices}

Items joined by a comma:
{=join(choices, ", ")}

Items joined by a semicolon:
{=join(choices, "; ")}

Items joined by a line break:
{=join(choices, "\n")}

The solution @aditya gave you is by far the leanest one, but I thought I might share these examples to help jog your imagination about what more can be done :slight_smile:

You can read more about lists here: