June Development Update

We wanted to highlight a few updates from Text Blaze development in June:

:fire: Improved Editing of Dynamic Snippets

Replacement commands in your snippets enable simple or complex dynamic behavior. For instance, you can add dynamic dates in your snippet or insert information from the webpage you are on.

In June we improved the display of these replacement commands when editing snippets. In the rest of this post you will see examples showing how we now color each type of replacement command differently making complex dynamic snippets much more readable.

:balance_scale: Improved {if} Command

The {if} command can be used to dynamically change the contents of your snippets based on a condition. For example, if you wanted to optionally include or exclude text based on a user's age you could use the following:

Age: {formmenu: 10; default=20; 30; 40; 50; name=age} <-- change me to 10

{if: age < 18}I am sorry but you are too young to use our service{else}Welcome to our service{endif}

With the new {elseif} command you can now include multiple conditions in your {if} commands. For example:

{if: age < 18}I am sorry but you are too young to use our service{elseif: age < 20}We welcome all teens{elseif: age < 30}We welcome everyone in their 20's{elseif: age < 40}We welcome everyone in their 30's{else}We welcome everyone 40 and over{endif}

:busts_in_silhouette: New {user} Command

We added a new {user} command for Text Blaze Business users to enable including properties about the current user using shared snippets.

For example, you can use the {user} command to include the snippet user's email address when they insert the snippet.

Feel free to reach out to me with any more questions. You can email me at <{user: email}>.

This new command extends Text Blaze Business' support for managing small and large organizations of Text Blaze users.

As Always...

If you have any questions feel free to post to our Question and Answer community forums. If you have anything you would love to see in Text Blaze, please suggest it in the Features Idea section.

Loved the color coding. Also, just discovered the context menu option to run snippets. Amazing :slight_smile:

I would love to see something similar for importing snippets into other snippets. I would use that extensively.