Locked Snippets

Hi there, so I just did a CSV import of about 500 snippets, but for whatever reason on half imported and a handful of them are locked and I cannot find any documentation anywhere about why this has happened or how to resolve it. I have not reached my maximum allowable snippets which is not the issue here. Thoughts?

I figured it out, only 300 snippets are allowed per folder - I just did not get a warning on the import process clarifying that or offering to split it between folders.

Hi Daniel,
That's good feedback. We'll work to address it. Thanks!

Hi @Dano

On a side-note, there's probably a way to reduce the amount of snippets you have. From personal experience, I find that a lot of user will create a huge amount of snippets just to cater for multiple scenarios. In turn, this leads to having to remember a ton of shortcuts, which isn't practical.

Most of the time, you can have just a handful of snippets and use form commands for customization.

Here's an example.

Instead of having these three snippets with one greeting each:

Good morning, Good afternoon, Good evening,

You could have one snippet with:

Good {formmenu: morning; afternoon; evening},

Or use a text field like this:

Good {formtext},

There are many other form commands to explore. I recommend you take a look at the documentation to get an idea of what's possible, and then ask here for additional guidance on how to get your snippets exactly as you want them.

Here's a good place to start:

Let me know if you have any questions :slight_smile:

1 Like