Populating a Snippet

I have a snippet that I would like help with if possible.

I have 4 different scenarios, A, B, C, D (Headings).
I want to add a user name and Device ID depending on the issue (A, B, C, D). Some people would fall under multiple heading and some would be added to a single heading. I would like to be able to add a number of User names and Device ID's under each heading (in a table or list format). Which would be the best way to direct me. Thank you.

Hi @Andrea_McNamee

I'm not quite sure I understand how you'd like this to work. Could you please give me a practical scenario (using dummy data of course)?

Practical Scenario
Lost SIGNAL
User: Mary - Device ID: 12345
User: Jane - Device ID: 45656
User: Ann - Device ID: 99944
User: - Device ID:

NO USAGE
User: Mary - Device ID: 12345

NEEDS A Pen
User: Jackie - Device ID: 77788

OTHER
User: Jackie - Device ID: 77788
User: Tim - Device ID: 4654546
User: - - Device ID:

So all the Names and Device Id's would be blank fields that we can paste into. Sometimes though the same name and device would populate into another Heading if it applied to that person.

Would this be possible.

Thank you for your help.

Andrea

Hi @Andrea_McNamee

Maybe it would make more sense to have it this way?

User: {formtext}
Device ID: {formtext}
{formmenu: multiple=yes; Lost signal; No usage; Needs a pen; Other}
{formtoggle: default=no}{formparagraph: default=other}
{endformtoggle}

You can make multiple of these.

What do you think?

Brilliant. How could I do multiples?

@Andrea_McNamee

I recommend keeping it simple. I'm guessing you won't be processing multiple entries simultaneously, right?

Just insert the snippet for every event you process. There's also the option of using the repeat command like this:

Number of records: {formtext: name=reps}

{repeat: reps if isnumber(reps) == "yes" else 1}
User: {formtext}
Device ID: {formtext}
{formmenu: multiple=yes; Lost signal; No usage; Needs a pen; Other}
{formtoggle: default=no}{formparagraph: default=other}
{endformtoggle}
{endrepeat}

But as I said, I recommend keeping it simple and just reinserting the snippet for every entry.

Got it - both new snippets are up and running - thank you. Do Textblaze to learning webinars?

@Andrea_McNamee - we run weekly beginner webinars, but I'm guessing they would be a tad too basic for you.

I've got a better idea. Drop me a line on cedric@blaze.today and we can set up a training call at your convenience :slight_smile:

P.S. There are no fees or upsells involved. Just part of the job, plus I really enjoy watching people light up when they discover new stuff about Text Blaze. Really makes my day :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

Hi Cedric
That is exactly how we feel here. Textblaze has completely changed how we work. Have a great weekend and we'll set up some training next week - I hugely appreciate it.
Thank you
Andrea

1 Like

@Andrea_McNamee - looking forward to it! :blush: