Returning Values from selection in Form Dropdown

I have fixed data about 5-10 companies e.g. Company, Address, Code.
I have created one snippet wherein I want if I select name of Company 1 from dropdown, its corresponding values for address and code should automatically be filled up in snippets.

I understand this might be possible but not able figure out, first how and where to store such values. Can someone please help? @Cedric_Debono_Blaze @scott

Hi @Pratik_Shah,

Great question!

You could do this with keyed lists, which you can read more about here: Text Blaze | Formula Reference

Here's an example of how you could do that:

{note: preview=no}
{CompanyA=["Name"="Name of company A", "Address"="the address of company A", "Code"="The code of company A"]}
{CompanyB=["Name"="Name of company B", "Address"="the address of company B", "Code"="The code of company B"]}

{endnote: trim=right}
This is what the lists look like:

{=companya}
{=companya}

Here's how to use them:

{=CompanyA.Name}
{=CompanyA.Address}
{=CompanyA.Code}

{=CompanyB.Name}
{=CompanyB.Address}
{=CompanyB.Code}

This is obviously a very barebones example, but I can help you craft something better suited to your use case if you give me more details :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks so great. I am definitely looking forward to use this efficiently for my use case.

I will definitely need your help in setting this up. I am working on bigger project exclusively using TextBlaze for which I would need your help.

I will get back to you once I set up basic structure of it.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Absolutely. It's not only my job, I REALLY enjoy working out these challenges, so hit me up anytime! :slight_smile:

@Brad_Hedinger @Santa_Laren and many others will confirm how obsessed I am :rofl:

3 Likes