Shared snippets do not work (random-text)

I am describing an electronic medical record using TB at an internal medicine clinic in Japan. I am the director of the clinic, and I share the snipet I created with my staff. My account and my staff's account are both "Pro". Random-texts created with my Randomize Command Pack do not work when used by staff. Of course, the staff member has activated the Randomize Command Pack. Does anyone know why?

1 Like

Hi @Naritatsu_Saito , I just tried this and it works fine for me. When you say "do not work when used by staff", is there some error message in the extension? Some error notification? Or there is some error in the dashboard UI?

1 Like

@Gaurang_Tandon Thanks.
It just doesn't work without any message.
The snippet that the staff created themselves works.

Staff shared the command pack before activating it, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

1 Like

Sorry, I'm having trouble conveying my intended meaning.
The staff activated the command pack after sharing the snippet. Is that the cause of the problem?

1 Like

Sharing is a method of sharing in which the code is invisible and can only be used.

1 Like

Does it make the snippet insertion sound? There should be a system notification coming from Windows giving a reason for why snippet was not inserted. If not, can you email me and I'll ask for more details/a quick call to check this.

1 Like

I can hear the sound, but it is not converted and remains as /command.

1 Like

Okay please email me at gaurang@blaze.today so I can look into this further.

1 Like

Thanks, I send you a mail. Please Check.

1 Like

Could you check if possible?
My account is naritatsu@gmail.com
Stuff account is clerkksnjc@gmail.com
Snipet not moving is /gastritis

1 Like

Thank you very much, I will try it the way you said.

1 Like

Thanks for your patience in explaining the issue on call. From our side, we will try to improve the messaging in the app so that this confusion does not come up again.

1 Like

I signed up for the Team plan, does this cost 83.88 USD per year for one additional member?
I think it is a bit expensive since Administer and Member are the same price.

1 Like

Hi @Naritatsu_Saito you are correct that it costs 83.88 USD per year per member (and it is the same for administrator and regular member)

If you're interested please email me so I can set up a call to discuss this.

1 Like

@Gaurang_Tandon Thanks, it looks like I will have a meeting with Dan (your CEO) next time.

Aside from that, I upgraded to a Bussiness account, but I can no longer use Command packs such as Random-text on my member account, what a problem.
Hmmm, I can't activate the Command Pack with a member account.

1 Like

Hi @Naritatsu_Saito , as we discussed in the call, you can put the snippets using random-text command pack in a separate folder and then share that folder with the member account. Then it will work.

Make sure both your account and the member account have activated the command pack. Alternatively, you can also activate the command pack for your entire organization here: (at the bottom of the command pack page)

1 Like

@Gaurang_Tandon Thanks, problem solved.
It seems that I had turned off the activation of the command pack for members in the Team settings.

I just want to provide a follow up on this. We have now fixed this issue. The update is:

1. Shared snippets using unconnected addons (like {random-text}) will now work when shared with user (inside or outside the same org).
  2. Shared snippets using connected commands (like {dbselect}) will only work inside the same Text Blaze organization.
1 Like