August Development Update

We wanted to highlight a few updates from Text Blaze development in August:

:globe_with_meridians: Right to Left Support

Most languages such as English are written from left to right. However, some languages are written from right to left such as Hebrew and Arabic. To support these languages, we've added right to left text input support in Text Blaze (note that this is different from simply right- or left-aligning text).

Additionally, though it is not a new feature, we wanted to highlight Text Blaze's localization support. Text Blaze allows you to select an international locale to be used for time, date and number formatting.

You can set your locale on the Text Blaze dashboard to have your {time} and {=} commands automatically localized to one of over a dozen of different options.

:page_facing_up: New {snippet} Command

We've added a new {snippet} replacement command to insert information about the snippet itself. For example, you can insert the shortcut of the snippet with the following:

My snippet shortcut is {snippet: shortcut}

This is primarily useful when combined with the {import} command to automatically log the usage of your snippets especially across a team of Text Blaze users.

As Always...

We hope you found this update interesting!

If you have any questions feel free to post to our Question and Answer community forums. If you have anything you would love to see in Text Blaze, please suggest it in the Features Idea section.

1 Like

@scott, can this function be extended to show the body of the snippet without rendering it?

Not currently. How would you use that feature?

I don't have a specific use in mind yet. It's lore of a question of, "If it does this, how can I find a use for it?"