Autopilot - Clipboard - Forms - extractregex

I have a text "clipboard" that I need to extract with "regex" to complete a google "autopilot" form in a defined order. The information is highlighted in bold. How can I program it pls!?

Clipboard text

Nombre(4*): Carolina Mas

Correo(5*): carolina@tantorfilms.com

Empresa(3*): Tantorfilms

Valorización de la propuesta sugerida en Salón Ulmo(1*) para el día viernes 10/02/2023 (8*)montaje U(2*) en el

** Horario 09:00 -16:00 Hrs** (9*)

Estimación Valores Totales

Salón $280.000 + IVA

Coffee B $133.500 + IVA

Almuerzo $495.000 + IVA

Coffee A $88.500 + IVA

El total de la propuesta es de $1.271.753 IVA y servicios incluidos para 15(7*) participantes. (Servicios y tarifas sugeridos; quedo atento a sus comentarios para enviar una cotización formal.) miércoles 08/02/2023(6*)

Form
https://forms.gle/396aXYfmKRcc9KYC9

you are awsome!

Hi @Nikolas_Torres_Niko ,
Can you please give dan@blaze.today and andrew@blaze.today access to the form?
Will this information be copied into your clipboard?
To confirm, here the information would be:
(1) Salón Ulmo
(2) montaje U
(3) Tantorfilms
(4) Carolina Mas
(5) carolina@tantorfilms.com
(6) miércoles 08/02/2023
(7) 15
(8) viernes 10/02/2023
(9) Horario 09:00 -16:00 Hrs

Other than the highlighted information, will the rest of the text be the same every time? What may change?

Sorry! now it is open.

Salón (1*)
Montaje (2*)
Nombre empresa (3*)
Contacto empresa(4*)
Correo elecronico(5*)
Dia cotización(6*)
N° Personas(7*)
Fecha de reunión(8*)
Horario (9*)

This is the information that will be changing with predefined or free options

(1) Salón Ulmo
(2) montaje U
(3) Tantorfilms
(4) Carolina Mas
(5) carolina@tantorfilms.com
(6) miércoles 08/02/2023
(7) 15
(8) viernes 10/02/2023
(9) Horario 09:00 -16:00 Hrs

Will this information be copied into your clipboard?
Its a email response that i can copy to my clipboard to paste it to the form.

@Nikolas_Torres_Niko am I understanding correctly that this is what you want?

1. you copy text to your clipboard that has all of the answers to the questions on this form
  2. you want to use extractregex to break that text out into the individual answers for each question on this form
  3. then use autopilot to automatically select the corresponding answers within the form?

just wanted to confirm that this is exactly what you wanted before I take a crack at this

1 Like

That is correct! YES TO ALL!

then use autopilot to automatically select the corresponding answers within the form?

Because i need to skip some fields in the form and fill some other ones depending on the information always in the same way (pattern and sequence) with diferent information.

thanks to you all!

I got the autopilot portion of this working, but I am not skilled enough in Regex to do the rest of it. I think that one of our engineers will need to assist with the regex.

Also, I couldn't figure out a way to make autopilot interact with Google Forms date fields (your questions 6 and 8), so those are skipped in this snippet. If you want to change those fields to text fields instead of date fields, I can update the snippet to input those, too.

Again, extractregex is not actually set up and instead I was just doing testing by directly assigning values. I'll ping the engineers from the team asking that they look into the regex component of this to update the snippet.

{q1="Terraza Restorante"}{q2="Auditorio"}{q3="anything"}{q4="anything too"}{q5="also anything"}{q6=extractregex({clipboard}, "\w")}{q7=23}{q8=extractregex({clipboard}, "\w")}{q9="19:00-22:30"}
{note: preview=no}Selecting salon for Q1{endnote}{key: tab}{click}{if: q1=="Ciprés"}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Ulmo"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Boldo"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Auracaria"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Canelo"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Terraza Patio Inglés"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Terraza Piscina"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Terraza Restorante"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Terraza Fumador"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Casa Sanz"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{endif: trim=right}

{note: preview=no}tabbing to question 2{endnote}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{key: tab}{click: trim=right}

{note: preview=no} selecting Montaje for question 2{endnote}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{if: q2=="U"}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q2=="Directorio"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q2=="Libre"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q2=="Lounge"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q2=="Imperial"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q2=="Auditorio"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q2=="Personalizado"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{endif: trim=right}

{note: preview=no}tabbing to question 3 (skipping folio) and entering value{endnote}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{key: tab}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: tab}{key: tab}{=q3}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}tabbing to question 4 and entering value{endnote}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{key: tab}{=q4}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}tabbing to question 5 and entering value{endnote}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{key: tab}{=q5}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}I can't enter a date in question 6, so I'm skipping it and going to question 7{endnote}{key: tab}{key: tab}{key: downarrow}{if: q7==10}{key: uparrow}{elseif: q7==14}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==15}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==20}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==22}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==24}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==26}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{else}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{=q7}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{key: tab}{key: tab}{key: downarrow}{endif}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}I can't enter a date in question 8, so I'm skipping it and going to question 9{endnote}{if: includes([10, 12, 14, 15, 20, 22, 24, 26], {=q7})}{key: tab}{key: tab}{key: tab}{key: downarrow}{else}{endif}{if: q9=="09:00-18:00"}{key: uparrow}{elseif: q9=="09:00-14:00"}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="PENDIENTE"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="18:00-22:30"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="19:00-22:30"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="13:00-17:00"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="14:00-17:30"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{else}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{=q9}{endif}

1 Like

You are the Best ! I can change the date format to text i think with out trouble. Let me know what else can i do! Thanks You so much.

First, I'll introduce lists and the repeat command to simplify everything a lot:

{q1="Terraza Restorante"}
{note: preview=no}Selecting salon for Q1{endnote}{key: tab}{click}{ordered_options=["Ciprés", "Ulmo", "Boldo", "Auracaria", "Canelo", "Terraza Patio Inglés", "Terraza Piscina", "Terraza Restorante", "Terraza Fumador", "Casa Sanz"]}{down_count=location(ordered_options, q1)}{repeat: {=down_count}}{key:downarrow}{endrepeat}{click}

I just did the first dropdown, but this way you can also do the remaining dropdown. The method is:

1. Make a list of all the options
  2. Find the position of your option in that list (first, second, third, etc.)
  3. Repeat down arrow that many times
  4. Make the final click to select that option.

Regarding extractregex, does this work for you:

{email_text="Nombre: Carolina Mas

Correo: carolina@tantorfilms.com

Empresa: Tantorfilms

Valorización de la propuesta sugerida en Salón Ulmo para el día viernes 10/02/2023 montaje U en el

** Horario 09:00 -16:00 Hrs**

Salón $280.000 + IVA

Coffee B $133.500 + IVA

Almuerzo $495.000 + IVA

Coffee A $88.500 + IVA

El total de la propuesta es de $1.271.753 IVA y servicios incluidos para 15 participantes. (Servicios y tarifas sugeridos; quedo atento a sus comentarios para enviar una cotización formal.) miércoles 08/02/2023";trim=yes}
{ordered_options=["Ciprés", "Ulmo", "Boldo", "Auracaria", "Canelo", "Terraza Patio Inglés", "Terraza Piscina", "Terraza Restorante", "Terraza Fumador", "Casa Sanz"]}

Q1: {q1=extractregex(email_text, "Salón (" & join(ordered_options, "|") & ")")}{=q1}
Q2: do same as above for q1
Q3: {q3=extractregex(email_text, "Empresa: (.+)")}{=q3}
Q4: {q4=extractregex(email_text, "Nombre: (.+)")}{=q4}
Q5: {q5=extractregex(email_text, "Correo: (.+)")}{=q5}
Q6: date
Q7: {q7=extractregex(email_text, "(\d+) participantes")}{=q7}
Q8: date
Q9: {q9=extractregex(email_text, "Horario (\d\d:\d\d\s*-\s*\d\d:\d\d)")}{=q9}

I left out the dates because I am not sure how you plan to do them. I will also give the usual disclaimer for regex: if there are multiple matches for the same regex, this will pick the first one which may not be what you want. Also, if the email text changes slightly, the regex might break. Regexes work best when you ensure the email contents follow a consistent format.

The format it is consistent, and the information in the forms is the only one thay will be set.

it doesnt work filling the filds,

So is this a manual way to do it, I can do it manually straight in the form. right?

all ready change the format to text of the dates.

i think this was close to i was looking for!

@Gaurang_Tandon can we go back to @Andrew_Hall job? what i need is to extract the info and place it in the right filds

. It is the same structure always. Let me know please!

Sorry Nikolas! I totally missed your previous reply.

Okay, this is how to do it for dates:

{email_text="Nombre: Carolina Mas

Correo: carolina@tantorfilms.com

Empresa: Tantorfilms

Valorización de la propuesta sugerida en Salón Ulmo para el día viernes 10/02/2023 montaje U en el

** Horario 09:00 -16:00 Hrs**

Salón $280.000 + IVA

Coffee B $133.500 + IVA

Almuerzo $495.000 + IVA

Coffee A $88.500 + IVA

El total de la propuesta es de $1.271.753 IVA y servicios incluidos para 15 participantes. (Servicios y tarifas sugeridos; quedo atento a sus comentarios para enviar una cotización formal.) miércoles 08/02/2023"; trim=yes}
{q6=extractregexall(email_text, "\S+ \d\d/\d\d/\d\d\d\d")[2]}{=q6}
{q8=extractregex(email_text, "\S+ \d\d/\d\d/\d\d\d\d")}{=q8}

I just wanted to show how to use extractregex to extract the answer value for each question 1 through 9. We still need to plug these values back into the snippet Andrew gave to automate the form. If you are stuck at that step, I guess @Andrew_Hall can probably help again.

thanks you so much @Gaurang_Tandon im waiting @Andrew_Hall to answer. Thanks you a lot.

Here's the updated snippet with the autopilot commands. I've tested this and it works for all of the requested fields. It still needs to be combined with Gaurang's regex definitions of the q1-q8 values, but for defined values like I have in the example, it works perfectly. You will just need to update the very top of the snippet where the q1-q8 values are defined to use the regex versions that Gaurang created.

Also, I didn't end up simplifying the snippet the way Gaurang described with the counts because it would have meant reworking everything a second time :sweat_smile: His suggestion would definitely make it more readable, but this still works for sure!

As a reminder, this snippet is meant to be initiated from the "Número Cotización" text field at the very top of your Google Form,

{q1="Terraza Restorante"}{q2="Auditorio"}{q3="anything"}{q4="anything too"}{q5="also anything"}{q6="another value"}{q7=15}{q8="testing value"}{q9="19:00-22:30"}
{note: preview=no}Selecting salon for Q1{endnote}{key: tab}{click}{if: q1=="Ciprés"}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Ulmo"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Boldo"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Auracaria"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Canelo"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Terraza Patio Inglés"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Terraza Piscina"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Terraza Restorante"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Terraza Fumador"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q1=="Casa Sanz"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{endif: trim=right}

{note: preview=no}tabbing to question 2{endnote}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{key: tab}{click: trim=right}

{note: preview=no} selecting Montaje for question 2{endnote}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{if: q2=="U"}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q2=="Directorio"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q2=="Libre"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q2=="Lounge"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q2=="Imperial"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q2=="Auditorio"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{elseif: q2=="Personalizado"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{click}{endif: trim=right}

{note: preview=no}tabbing to question 3 (skipping folio) and entering value{endnote}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{key: tab}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: tab}{key: tab}{=q3}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}tabbing to question 4 and entering value{endnote}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{key: tab}{=q4}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}tabbing to question 5 and entering value{endnote}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{key: tab}{=q5}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}tabbing to question 6 and entering value{endnote}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{key: tab}{=q6}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}tabbing down to question 7 and selecting a value{endnote}{key: tab}{key: downarrow}{if: q7==10}{key: uparrow}{elseif: q7==14}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==15}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==20}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==22}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==24}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==26}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{else}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{=q7}{endif}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}tabbing to question 8 and entering a value{endnote}{if: includes([10,14,15,20,22,24,26], {=q7})}{key: tab}{key: tab}{else}{key: tab}{endif}{=q8}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}tabbing to question 9 to enter the value{endnote}{key: tab}{key: downarrow}{if: q9=="09:00-18:00"}{key: uparrow}{elseif: q9=="09:00-14:00"}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="PENDIENTE"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="18:00-22:30"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="19:00-22:30"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="13:00-17:00"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="14:00-17:30"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{else}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{=q9}{endif}

Hi! @Gaurang_Tandon @Andrew_Hall thank you so much for your help.

I'm definitely doing something wrong, I don't see a link between the regex and clipboard, I tried to update both snipets but they don't seem to work together like they work separately.

{ordered_options=["Ciprés", "Ulmo", "Boldo", "Auracaria", "Canelo", "Terraza Patio Inglés", "Terraza Piscina", "Terraza Restorante", "Terraza Fumador", "Casa Sanz"]}
{ordered_options2=["U", "Directorio", "Libre", "Louge", "Imperial", "Auditorio", "Personalizado"]}

{q1=extractregex(email_text, "Salón (" & join(ordered_options, "|") & ")")}{=q1}{q2=extractregex(email_text, "Montaje (" & join(ordered_options2, "|") & ")")}{=q2
}{q3=extractregex(email_text, "Empresa: (.+)")}{=q3}{q4=extractregex(email_text, "Nombre: (.+)")}{=q4}{q5=extractregex(email_text, "Correo: (.+)")}{=q5}{q6=extractregexall(email_text, "\S+ \d\d/\d\d/\d\d\d\d")[2]}{=q6}{q7=extractregex(email_text, "(\d+) participantes")}{=q7}{q8=extractregex(email_text, "\S+ \d\d/\d\d/\d\d\d\d")}{=q8}{q9=extractregex(email_text, "Horario (\d\d:\d\d\s*-\s*\d\d:\d\d)")}{=q9}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}tabbing to question 6 and entering value{endnote}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{key: tab}{=q6}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}tabbing down to question 7 and selecting a value{endnote}{key: tab}{key: downarrow}{if: q7==10}{key: uparrow}{elseif: q7==14}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==15}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==20}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==22}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==24}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q7==26}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{else}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{=q7}{endif}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}tabbing to question 8 and entering a value{endnote}{if: includes([10,14,15,20,22,24,26], {=q7})}{key: tab}{key: tab}{else}{key: tab}{endif}{=q8}

{note: preview=no; trim=left}tabbing to question 9 to enter the value{endnote}{key: tab}{key: downarrow}{if: q9=="09:00-18:00"}{key: uparrow}{elseif: q9=="09:00-14:00"}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="PENDIENTE"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="18:00-22:30"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="19:00-22:30"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="13:00-17:00"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{elseif: q9=="14:00-17:30"}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{else}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{key: downarrow}{wait: delay=+0.5s}{=q9}{endif}

Video!

@Nikolas_Torres_Niko Please email me at gaurang@blaze.today and we can setup a call to walk through this form. I think we need to piece together few things here and there. It would be easier to explain via call.