Bulleted List with Multiple Checkboxes

Hello! I like using the Dropdown Menu w/ "multiple" command wherein I select multiple boxes of comments.

When the snippet goes into my document, it separates each comment with a comma.

Is there a way to keep each of those selected items listed on a separate line?

Thank you!

Hey Sarah,

Welcome to the community!

When you have a form menu that allows for multiple selection, re-using the formmenu's variable will display the selected options as a list, [formatted,like,this]. You'll see it show up like this:

The first use of my formmenu is formatted naturally: {formmenu: multiple=yes; default=first entry; default=second entry; default=third entry; fourth entry; fifth entry; name=example}

I gave that formmenu a name of "example". Re-using the example variable will display the selected values as a list: {=example}

To have the list be parsed more naturally, you'll need to use the join command. Here's an article that explains exactly how in detail. I've also provided some examples below:

The first use of my formmenu is formatted naturally: {formmenu: multiple=yes; default=first entry; default=second entry; default=third entry; fourth entry; fifth entry; name=example}

Using join to separate the values by commas, but remove the brackets: {=join(example,", ")}

Using the special "BLAZE_AND" join formatting: {=join(example,"BLAZE_AND")}

Using the special "BLAZE_OR" join formatting: {=join(example, "BLAZE_OR")}

Separating by a new line break:
{=join(example,"\n")}

3 Likes

Andrew,

Thank you so much for this! I appreciate your response!

Have a great day!