Copy of Snippet "4.04"

Hey there {formtext: name=Student Name}!

You were asked to complete an argumentative writing planner which will set you up for an argumentative essay. That is no easy task! {formmenu: default=I saw you chose Human vs. Machine for your essay topic.; I saw you chose Hard Work vs. Talent for your essay topic.; Don't forget to put down your essay topic!; name=Essay Topic}I'm impressed with how you've started! Below is a breakdown of how your essay was scored:

Section 1: Prompt & Claim: {formmenu: 5; 3; 0; name=p1}/5
{formmenu: default=Great job choosing a prompt from the lesson. You wrote an effective claim in 3rd person without showing your personal feelings, and it shows your purpose is to argue rather than inform.; You chose a prompt from the lesson. Great job! You wrote your claim but remember to stay away from including your personal emotions and feelings, and that it needs to be written in 3rd person point of view.; Oops! Don't forget to write an effective claim and to choose one of the two prompts from the lesson. Human vs. Machine or Hard Work vs. Talent.}

Section 2: 1st Body Paragraph Support for Claim: {formmenu: 15; 13; 10; 8; 5; 0; name=p2}/15
{formmenu: default=Great job! You clearly stated a reason for your position supporting your claim AND you supported it with 2 pieces of evidence from the text. You included clear and effective explanations of how it supports your position, and you included the title(s) of where your evidence was found; Awesome, you stated a reason for your position! You included 1 or 2 pieces of evidence from the provided texts sets and included an explanation of how your evidence connects to your reason. You included a title(s) for where your information was found.; Oops! Don't forget that you need to include a reason to support your position along with including text evidence for support with a clear explanation as to why your information is important.}

Section 3: 2nd Body Paragraph Support for Claim: {formmenu: 15; 13; 10; 8; 5; 0; name=p3}/15
{formmenu: default=Awesome. You clearly and effectively stated a reason for your position that supports your claim and included 2 pieces of evidence provided in the text set to support you. You included clear and effective explanations of how your evidence connects to the reason for your position and you included the title(s) of where you information was found.; Super, you stated a reason for your position and included 1 or 2 pieces of evidence from the texts to support your reason. You included an explanation telling how your evidence connects to your reason and included the title(s) of where your evidence was found.; Oops! Don't forget to clearly state a reason for your position and be sure to include cited evidence to support and explain your reasoning.; multiple=yes}

Section 4: 3rd Body Paragraph Counterclaim: {formmenu: 15; 13; 10; 8; 5; 0; name=p4}/15
{formmenu: default=Super! You clearly and effectively stated a counterclaim and provided 1 piece of evidence to support the opposing viewpoint. You included clear and effective explanations of how that evidence connects to the counterclaim (why it is important), and you included a strong rebuttal to that counterclaim. You clearly refuted the counterclaim with strong evidence and included title(s) of where your evidence was found; Super, you stated your counterclaim and included 1 piece of evidence that supports the counterclaim (opposite side) of your argument. You included an explanation of how that evidence connects to your counterclaim and included a rebuttal refuting that opposite opinion. You included the title(s) of where you found your evidence.; Oops! Don't forget to include a clearly written counterclaim and include evidence and a rebuttal to your third paragraph. Be sure to include the titles of your sources- where you found your information.; multiple=yes}

Total Points: {=p1 + p2 + p3 + p4}/50

This was no easy task and I am so proud of you! If you need any additional help or support I am here for you! {formtoggle: name=4.04 help; default=no}Here is the 4.04 help video and correct 4.04 assignment template in case you wanted to view them. {endformtoggle}

Up next: Don't forget to keep writing out your argumentative essay due later on this module! Here is the 4.09 assignment template to help you get started. I can't wait to see your finished product.

Your biggest fan,
Mrs. Neighbors