Copy one dropdown menu from one snippet to another

For example, I have a comprehensive dropdown list in one snippet that I need to reproduce in another snippet (nothing needs to be changed), without copying the entire snippet. Is there an easy way to do this?

1 Like

Hi @Bobby_Desai Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

I think you are looking for the import command:

You can put the dropdown in a separate snippet X, and then import snippet X into any snippet that you'd like

Unfortunately, that's is not what I need

For snippet A, I have a dropdown menu. I need to reproduce only the dropdown menu (without having to redo the entire snippet) for another snippet B. I don't want or need the entirety of snippet A. Only the dropdown box. Is there a way to copy the dropdown only from one snippet to another?

Let me rephrase my suggestion:

Snippet X contains the dropdown menu.
Snippet A imports the snippet X.
Snippet B imports the snippet X.

To set this up: you will need to cut the dropdown menu from the snippet A and paste it into the snippet X. This way: both the snippets can share the dropdown menu (and only the dropdown menu). Let me know if it works for you.

That is exactly what I need, but how do you copy and paste the dropdown? I don't see a way to do that

Hey Bobby! You can highlight a dropdown menu with your mouse, use control+c to copy, then control+v to paste it.

Does that work for you?

Thank you so much! A great help!!

1 Like