Couldn't use TB at all due to a simple mistake on my part

I've been using TB for a year and have loved it. I was a bit freaked out today though after having edited a few strings, only to discover I couldn't use it at all.

Every time I would hit the slash key, I'd get the sound but no text would appear. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, and poring over settings but to no avail.

Fortunately I discovered the problem: in the process of making my changes, I created a shortcut named simply "/". Using just a slash as the shortcut name essentially made it in conflict with every other one, which explains the sound but no action.

If it is possible, I might suggest preventing the creation of a shortcut with just the slash to help avert the frenzy I put myself through today!

Thanks for a great and useful product.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, ,@Rod_Sosa!
We recently launched a new warning aimed at preventing conflicting shortcuts. Your feedback will help us take it to the next level.

Hi @Rod_Sosa , thanks for your really helpful feedback. Can you hop on a very quick 10min-15min call today? (or any day this week)

We want to improve the user experience, and will need a few more details from you regarding conflicting shortcuts.