Custom keypress to include arrows

I am trying to use cmd+ left arrow to select the text to then paste a value but it doesn't work. is there a way to make it happen?

Hi Laura,

Selection with arrow keys is not supported currently unfortuanatly.

You could try {key: cmd-a} to select all text in a field.

Or you can try {key: backspace} to delete a text after which you can insert your new text (this sounds similar to what you are trying to do).

I use those keys consecutively in many snippets, albeit on a PC though. Here's some ideas; I think I got the conversion to Mac right :slight_smile: :

1. If your text field is only 1 line use can use the shortcut to "select all" text in that 1 field. and remove it:

{key:cmd-a}{key:backspace}

1. If your text field is more than1 line, try using the following to highlight and remove whatever line you wish. Make sure to click your cursor at the end (far right) of whatever line you wish to remove:

{key:ctrl-shift-uparrow; mac=cmd-shift-uparrow}{key:backspace}{key:enter}{key:uparrow}

**The last one may be unnecessarily complicated, but it all depends on the formatting of your text field.

In either scenario, you may need to change "backspace" to "delete", depending on your keyboard layout.

Hope this helps! Feel more than welcome to reach out to me if you'd like to toss around some ideas.

-Brad

I am working in ZenDesk and the special command {key:ctrl-alt-s} which should solve the ticket, is not working. Any help?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The reason this doesn't work is because Text Blaze simply emulates what happens when a key is pressed. However, the keypress isn't actually registered.

Text Blaze's keypress emulation is intended for actions such as tabbing between fields etc. However, it won't perform actions such as copy/paste, save, etc.

I'm no expert on the technical side, so I can't give you any more detail than this, but I'm sure @scott can get into the nitty-gritty of it if you wanna know why and how. :slight_smile: