Data Blaze: Add Member E-mails

Dear Community,

is it somehow possible that the E-mail of the snippet user is automatically added to the DataBlaze-table?
Right now, I can see all the member emails in the "Member" row, but I only have the option to add them manually.

I also tried to add the user property into a snippet note, but {user: email} is also not inserted in the table.

Can you help me here? Thanks in advance!

Hello Ida,

Thanks for your question. Happy to help :smiley:

If you use {user: email}, this should work to insert your email into the Data Blaze field.

I gave it a try and was able to use the following snippet to quickly insert my email into my Data Blaze table:

{user: email}

As an alternative, you could potentially put your email itself in a snippet and use that to insert it.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to send me an email at dylan@blaze.today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Dylan addressed how you can create a snippet that inserts the email of the user using it.

If you were instead asking how you can use the Data Blaze Insert (dbinsert) command in a snippet to add the agent email on insert, here is some additional info that might be helpful.

Start by assigning the {user: email} to a form variable. For example:

{Agent={user:email}}

Then:

• If you have Data Blaze insert command in your snippet with default settings (which adds all your form variables to the space), that should be all you need to do. The new form variable will automatically pick up the form variable.

• If you have have a Data Blaze insert command with a customized list of fields to add, you can add the agent to this list by clicking on the command and editing it in the right command sidebar.

• If you don't have a Data Blaze insert command in your snippet, you can add it from the right command sidebar in the snippet editor.

1 Like

That is exactly what I have been looking for, thank you so much!

I didn´t know that it is possible to add form values in that way.

Is there somewhere a list of what I can add instead of "{user:email}" to define a new form value?

For instance, I tried to insert the name/label of the snippet as well in the data table but I don´t know how I can add it as value.

Hi @Ida_Horstmann,

We have {snippet} command, which you can use to get snippet information (id, shortcut, trigger) - you read more about this command in our docs here.

You can find documentation for all commands that we support here.