Decision Tree issue

Hi.

I have had a quick look and couldn't find an obvious answer.
We are creating a decision tree but if we need to back track and change an answer then it will remember the other string of decisions and keep the output in the snippet.

For example:

Are both Meraki MX64s down?
{formmenu: default=; Yes; No; name=wan1}
{if: wan1="Yes"}
Please follow KB0039204 to check who the store's ISP [internet service provider] is.

Is the ISP British Telecomms?
{formmenu: default=; Yes; No; name=wan3}{endif}
{if: wan3="Yes"}
The issue is likely with the router. Please see KB00XXXXX{endif}{if: wan3="No"}
Follow the escalation path in KB0039204 to contact the ISP{endif}{if: wan1="No"}
Is the Primary Meraki running on WAN2 or cellular?
{formmenu: default=; Yes; No; name=wan2}{endif}

{if: wan2="No"}
The issue is likely with the Meraki MX64. Please see KB00XXXXX{endif}{if: wan2="Yes"}
s the Secondary Meraki on WAN2?
{formmenu: default=; Yes; No; name=wan4}{endif}

{if: wan4="Yes"}
The issue is likely with the router. Please see KB00XXXXX{endif}{if: wan4="No"}
Turn off the Primary Meraki by unplugging the power cable.

Has the store's connection speed improved?
{formmenu: default=; Yes; No; name=wan5}{endif}

{if: wan5="Yes"}
Reconnect the power cable to the Primary Meraki. The issue is likely with the Meraki MX64. Please see KB00XXXXX{endif}{if: wan5="No"}
Reconnect the power cable to the Primary Meraki. The issue is likely with the router. Please see KB00XXXXX{endif}

If we select "No" from drop down one, then "No" from the second drop down, then change the top to "Yes" the text from the second "No" stays in the output.

I want to make this idiot proof - so is there a way to stop this from happening?

Hi Oliver,

I'm not sure I understand the steps to reproduce the issue. If I follow what you indicate I arrive at this:

Everything looks good here as far as I can tell and I don't see a second "No" from the second menu.

Could you share more info on what you are doing?

textblazeexample-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter

This is what is happening to me.
Wanting to turn off all responses if the top of the tree has changed. Unsure if this is possible though.

I see, thank you for clarifying.

Right now you have this that always shows when we set wan3 if if we later unset wan1.

{if: wan3="No"}
Follow the escalation path in KB0039204 to contact the ISP{endif}

You want this to show only when wan1 is also yes, You can add a check like this so if wan1 changes to "no", it won't show. Note the use of AND which requires both conditions to be true to show.

{if: wan1="Yes" and wan3="No"}

As an alternative, since you have multiple conditions that should only show when wan1 is"Yes", it might be easiest to wrap them in a condition that check's wan1. for example

{if: wan1="Yes"}{if: wan3="No"}

[other item only shown when wan1 is yes....]

{endif}

Does that help?