Deleting the first 18 lines in a Gmail Email

Hi!
I've been using Text Blaze for a couple of years and use it mainly for small snippets. I realized that there are some task that I do many times per day that might be automatable

The first task:
Deleting the first 18 lines of an email
We have a form that creates an email which the email create reviews and then forwards to me. I review and then forward to the end user. This creates 18 lines above the start of the email which I'd like to delete using Textblaze.

Like this:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 3:56 PM
Subject: Fwd: Insurance Verification for Ms. Test Patient
To: User1 user1@user.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 3:56 PM
Subject: Insurance Verification for Ms. Test Patient
To: Boss Boss@user.com

I can't figure out how to add the "Delete" key as a custom keypress and when I try to create 18 "downarrow" followed by 18 backspaces it doesn't work. I can't see anything on the forum about this so I'm looking for a little help.

Thanks!

Hi @Dr_Eoin_Gregory and welcome to the forum.
Are you looking to remove the entire previous email text? If yes, how about the following?
cmd-a will select all the text, and then you can just override it with any text

{key: cmd-a}my text

Hi Dan,
Thank you for your suggestion. I need to forward the content of my message, just removing the first 18 lines which contains the "forwarding" information. The cmd-a will select all the lines including the content. I'm hoping to find a solution to select 18 lines or delete 18 lines. I can't seem to figure out how to add a custom "Delete" key as the key stroke is not recognized.

Eoin

Hi @Dr_Eoin_Gregory

I doubt there's a clear-cut way of doing this, but I'm happy to jump on a call at your convenience; maybe I'll be able to find a solution that works consistently.

Please email me at cedric@blaze.today and we can take it from there.