Formdate with a default date taken from another variable

Hi there! I want my formdate default to be based on a date that is set up elsewhere in the snippet using some numbers pulled from a Data Blaze table along with datetimeparse (shown below). Therefore I don't have a set of numerals to use. Is there a way I can use this date as a default?

{oldotstoiso=datetimeparse(concat(oldots,"/",{time: YY}), "M/D/YY")}

Hi,

Unfortunately default values of form controls can't depend on other form values.

We're currently working on some updates that will make what you are trying to do a lot easier. They should be out in a month or two. We'll let you know when we release them.

Can't wait to see this new feature. It'll be super helpful in making it intuitive for the user.

Just to mention: this is now possible using the new {run} command as part of our August Development Update

Here's an example:

Here I did input_val = data["name"] directly, but you can perform any other manipulation here like lowercase/concat/etc.

Please do try it out and let us know how it works for you.