Gmail command pack & snippet functionality

I have an issue when attempting to use the Gmail Command Pack. When attempting to add multiple BCCs they don't propagate properly. Usually ending up looking like:
example1@domain.comexample2@domain.com

To combat this, I had to manually enter in a comma at the end of the first BCC code:

{gmail-bcc: example1@domain.com,}{gmail-bcc: example2@domain.com}

Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something.

I'm also encountering an issue with the subject line code. Instead of entering in the intended subject line, it'll pull random lines of text from the email that is behind my draft that I'm constructing.

I'm managed to bypass this by using this code in the subject line as opposed to the body of text:

{note}When is your Coaching Session? 👉{formdate: MM/DD/YYYY; name=Date}
What is the Lead's email address? 👉{formtext:name=LeadEmail}
{endnote}CCO Success Fundamental Coaching Session Follow-up | {=Date}{key:tab}{note}
{endnote}Hi {gmail-firstname}!

Am I doing something wrong or is there something goofy going on with this command pack?

Thanks for highlighting this Andrew! We'll look into it.

1 Like

@Andrew_Blackburne Thanks for helping us identify and understand the issues.
I wanted to inform you that the subject line issue you have reported, got fixed. You can try out once. Let us know if you are still facing the issue. We will be happy to look into it.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for looking into this!

I tried again with the following code and it still will input incorrect information and place it at the start of the email instead of the Subject line. It's now inputting "New Message" at the start of the email instead of the intended subject in the subject line.

Here's the code used:

{note}When was your Coaching Session? 👉{formdate: MM/DD/YYYY; name=Date}
What is the Lead's email address? 👉{formtext:name=LeadEmail}
{endnote}{gmail-subject: default=CCO Success Fundamental Coaching Session Follow-up | {=Date}}{gmail-cc: {=LeadEmail}}
{gmail-bcc: name1@domain.com}{gmail-bcc: name2@domain.com}{note}

The BCCs also don't show up properly either still. Showing up as: name1@domain.comname2@domain.com

If it helps, I'm using the "Compose" button in Gmail. This creates an overlay (with the rest of my inbox or an open email) in the background. Not sure if this is changing how the command pack is interacting with the page itself.

1 Like

@Andrew_Blackburne Thanks for your response.
There are two issues which was reported. One is to set multiple BCC's and another is subject line.
As I understand from your recent comment, you are trying to compose a new mail and like to set a subject.
I totally regret for the inconvenience caused to you with the experience.
I like to inform you that the {gmail-subject} is to read the subject while replying a mail, rather than setting the value to the mail. For more information I request to go through this documentation. But your issue helped us fix another issue while reading the subject.

About BCC, as of now there is a no better way than the workaround you used to set multiple BCC's on the field.

But, we will definitely take both the items as a feedback and use this to improve the functionality to support the needs. We really appreciate for the time you took to explain us.
Thanks again.

2 Likes

@VinodGubbala

You know what, that makes a lot of sense. I do really appreciate the quick response here! Glad I was able to highlight these as possible requests for the future though!

Truly, I am very appreciative of your time put into this.

2 Likes

@Andrew_Blackburne Really appreciate your patience.
I am glad to inform you, that we can add multiple emails in a single command. So you won't be needing that special workaround of inserting comma.

I will be glad to hear from you back, about this.

3 Likes

I found a way to input the subject line into the email when using compose. Just have the subject at the beginning, then insert the tab at the end of the subject. You'll have to use the shortcut in the subject line. I'll use this code as example:

CCO Success Fundamental Coaching Session Follow-up | {=Date}}{gmail-cc: {=LeadEmail}}
{key: tab}
{note}When was your Coaching Session? :point_right:{formdate: MM/DD/YYYY; name=Date}
What is the Lead's email address? :point_right:{formtext:name=LeadEmail}
{endnote}
{gmail-bcc: name1@domain.com}{gmail-bcc: name2@domain.com}{note}

2 Likes

@Oscar_Machado
Thanks for the suggestion. The actual issue was when the {gmail-subject} is used, it pulls wrong subject.
Also the issue with having multiple bcc. In you snippet you might want to change

{gmail-bcc: name1@domain.com}{gmail-bcc: name2@domain.com}

to

{gmail-bcc: name1@domain.com, name2@domain.com}

Thank you for the suggestion! That's what we ended up doing in lieu of a better solution. :sparkles:

1 Like

That's amazing news!
Thank you so much for sharing @VinodGubbala!!

2 Likes