Goal: Auto Remove formmenu value

I'm trying to make a snippet that has a dropdown menu of snippets to choose from inside of it. Here is the snippet copy+pasted:

{formtoggle: name=Greeting; default=yes}Thank you for reaching out.{endformtoggle}{formmenu: name=resolution; values=Add Faculty to Course, Cross-listing, Created Sandbox, Caption Request, How to set up WEIGHTED EXTRA CREDIT, Incomplete} {if: resolution = "Add Faculty to Course"}{import: raddtocrs}{elseif: resolution = "rcross"}{import: rcross}{elseif: resolution = "Incomplete"}{import: rinc}{elseif: resolution = "Created Sandbox"}{import: rsand}{elseif: resolution = "Caption Request"}{import: rcaption}{elseif: resolution = "How to set up WEIGHTED EXTRA CREDIT"}{import: `rwxc}{endif}

Everything works as expected, except when I chose a value from formmenu: name=resolution the value will be left in the outputted snippet.

An example of what happens when I choose Incomplete as the value:

Thank you for reaching out.Incomplete We have received your request to extend course access for your student to resolve their Incomplete and would be happy to help.
We have extended the specified student access to your course through Apr 4th, 2024. You may need to alter due dates and content availability for the student to complete assignments.
Please let us know if you have additional questions or need further assistance.

What I am trying to accomplish:

Thank you for reaching out. We have received your request to extend course access for your student to resolve their Incomplete and would be happy to help.
We have extended the specified student access to your course through Apr 4th, 2024. You may need to alter due dates and content availability for the student to complete assignments.
Please let us know if you have additional questions or need further assistance.

Is there a way to do this? Or will I need to continue to manually remove the formmenu: name=resolution value?

The answer was to put formmenu: name=resolution in-between a {note}{endnote}

Example:

{formtoggle: name=Greeting; default=yes}Thank you for reaching out. {endformtoggle}{note}{formmenu: name=resolution; values=Add Faculty to Course, Cross-listing, Created Sandbox, Caption Request, How to set up WEIGHTED EXTRA CREDIT, Incomplete} {endnote}{if: resolution = "Add Faculty to Course"}{import: raddtocrs}{elseif: resolution = "rcross"}{import: rcross}{elseif: resolution = "Incomplete"}{import: rinc}{elseif: resolution = "Created Sandbox"}{import: rsand}{elseif: resolution = "Caption Request"}{import: rcaption}{elseif: resolution = "How to set up WEIGHTED EXTRA CREDIT"}{import: `rwxc}{endif}

1 Like