Hi from Dan, Text Blaze's co-founder and CEO

Hey Blazers!

My name is Dan, and I’m Text Blaze’s co-founder and CEO. I’ve been advising Scott, who created Text Blaze, since Text Blaze’s early days, and late last year, I decided to leave my job as a Senior Product Manager at Google and join Text Blaze full time. We recently completed the Y-Combinator accelerator program and raised Seed funding, and we’re now ready to take Text Blaze to the next level.

I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself and give you a quick update on where Text Blaze is headed.

I was super excited about joining Text Blaze full-time for two main reasons: the first is Scott, who I work with at Google. Scott is an exceptional product and engineering leader and a great person to work with, and I’ve been looking for opportunities to collaborate with him again.

The second reason is you - the Text Blaze community. I’ve been meeting many of you and reading your feedback, emails, and community posts, and I’m inspired by the creative ways you use Text Blaze to save you time and by the joy and delight you express when discussing Text Blaze and sharing it with others. I wouldn’t miss an opportunity to work on a product people love so much.

So what comes next? Our goal is to make it easy for you to automate the repetitive aspects of your work using Text Blaze. To achieve that, we’re going to continue engaging with you to understand what slows you down and find ways to make it easy for you to do it faster using Text Blaze.

But, as you know, the best way to make the most of Text Blaze is by learning, collaborating, and sharing with others. So we’re going to help you engage and collaborate with your colleagues, other experts in your field, and the broader community through Text Blaze.

I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. This forum is a great place to discuss these things. Or you can always contact me directly. My email is dan@blaze.today.

Let’s Blaze! :fire:

10 Likes

Excellent to know some of the Text Blaze back-story. Excited to see what your team will do next with an already great product. Thanks for that. Wishing you much success.

• Frank @HubSpot

Hi @frank,

As a member of team Text Blaze, I can tell you that @Dan_Barak1 joining the team in a full-time capacity has been a huge benefit. Just like @scott's a really cool guy to work with — incredibly smart, talented and also just an all-round nice chap.

We're all really looking forward to maximizing the opportunity from this funding. If you've been impressed with Text Blaze so far, I can't wait to see what you'll think of our future developments!

Thank you so much for your support :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Everybody. I am new in the community, and I am very pleased and amazed with the support I have received, especially from Dan. I was expecting a generic welcome message after I 1st signed up, but to my surprise, it was actually Dan writing to me.
That action changed right away my perception of the app, the company, and the culture.
Very pleased to be in this community.
Hoping to growth with you guys

3 Likes

Hi @Discovering_Palm_Bea,

That's great to hear :slight_smile:

We actually use Text Blaze to generate certain parts of our email correspondence, then use text fields to add the personal touch, as Dan did.

Here's a basic example to give you an idea:

Hi {formtext},

{formmenu: Thank you for your email.; Thank you for your kind words.; Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.}

{formparagraph: cols=50; rows=5}

Best regards,