Highlighting Information with a Click

Hello,

I am trying to use snippets to customize the rubric I use in feedback for my students. I want to be able to easily highlight bullet points in a rubric so they know what to focus on. The only way I have found to do this is to create an "if" statement using the same statement but one is highlighted. Then, using a form toggle, swap the non-highlighted phrase for the highlighted version of it. I included the snippet but it would not allow me to highlight one of the sentences in each "if" statement, so you will just have to imagine that part.

I wanted to make sure that there was no easier way to do this since I will have to create this combination for every bullet point in every rubric that I use.

Thank you!
Jen

/5 Section 1: Question, Topic, Why People Should Care:
{formtoggle: default=no; name=1}{endformtoggle}{if: 1 == yes}I chose a question from the lesson.{else}I chose a question from the lesson.{endif}
{formtoggle: default=no; name=2}{endformtoggle}{if: 2 == yes}I clearly and thoroughly explained what this topic addresses.{else}I clearly and thoroughly explained what this topic addresses.{endif}
{formtoggle: default=no; name=3}{endformtoggle}{if: 3 == yes}I clearly and thoroughly explained why people should care about this topic.{else}I clearly and thoroughly explained why people should care about this topic.{endif}

1 Like

Hi Jen,

Cool use-case! I can't think of another way to do this aside from what you've done here. One thing that could help to make it slightly easier to create is that, since checkboxes are boolean, you don't have to include the ==yes portion, you can just do something like: {if: a}yes text{else}no text{endif}.

Note that it doesn't work if your checkboxes are named numbers, like 1.

Hi Andrew! I just used numbers to make it easy to label them. I switched it to letters instead and used your method and it makes it a little easier. Thank you!