How to copy a dropdown menu?

Is there a way to copy a dropdown menu so that I can use it several times within text, but the answer may not be the same throughout the text (so I don't want the first answer automating throughout the text)? For example, if I'm describing one thing, it may be in the Average range, but another may be in the Below Average range. I just don't want to keep having to create the same dropdown menu over and over. I hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Hi, and welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

You can reuse the dropdown options by using the values setting on the dropdown. For example:

{options=["Excellent", "Good", "Average", "Poor", "Awful"]}

Service: {formmenu: values={=options}}
Cost: {formmenu: values={=options}}
Food: {formmenu: values={=options}}

You can also highlight and copy and paste the formmenu chip in the editor to replicate it quickly.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for this. I'm still having trouble figuring it out, sorry! What exactly did you type when you created the formula to have the options? And then what do you type to get the dropdown with the options? I know how to add a dropdown from clicking on the option on the side but I didn't see anywhere to add "= options".

For the formula, you type in a list with the options as strings. For example:

["Excellent", "Good", "Average", "Poor", "Awful"]

Lists are an advanced topic in Text Blaze and you can learn more about them here: Text Blaze | Interacting with lists

To set the list as the values for the settings menu, the easiest way would be to copy and paste an existing list with it set into your snippet. For example, copy and paste the food list above into your snippet, or just copy and paste this:

{formmenu: values={=options}}

Let us know if that is helpful. Happy to hop on a call with you too, to go over this together.