How to disable the shortcut conflict notification?

Hello,

TB just started to constantly nag about shortcut conflicts and I need to disable this. I do not use any shortcuts and have no intention to use them (I only use the dropdown menu when I do the right click), and this is reducing my productivity when navigating and retouching the contents of my snippets. How can I disable the shortcut conflict notification?

Thank you kindly.

Hi @Arthur_L , thanks for the feedback. The new notification is designed to help users avoid conflicting shortcuts, but I understand that it can add friction if you don't care about conflicting shortcuts. We will look into this asap.

1 Like

Hey @Arthur_L
The issue has been resolved. You will not see the error unless you try to edit the shortcut field.
Please check and let us know if this solves your use case.

1 Like

Thank you so much, @Dan_Barak1 and @VinodGubbala! Now it's back to what it was, and things are working great!

With the number of snippets I use, memorizing all shortcuts is too much and selecting them from a list makes way more sense. I'm sure others were facing the same struggle, and you helped us all. Thanks again.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming.

Hi @Arthur_L

On a side-note, just wanted to bring to your attention a cool feature you might not be aware of.

Besides using the right-click context menu to insert snippets, you can also use Ctrl+Shift+Space (replace Ctrl with Cmd if you're on MacOS) to open up the Text Blaze extension menu, where you can use the search bar to find keywords in your snippet's labels, contents and shortcuts. Then all you need to do is press enter to insert.

Here's a quick video on how that works. Maybe you'll find it more convenient :slight_smile:

Note that the keyboard shortcut is already set to Ctrl+Shift+Space (replace Ctrl with Cmd if you're on MacOS) by default. If you'd like to change it to a different combination, the second part of the video explains how to do that.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cedric

1 Like

Hey @Cedric_Debono_Blaze, this is actually very useful! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

@Arthur_L - always a pleasure :slight_smile: