Import PhraseExpress

HI Guys
I am looking on how to import PhraseExpress your video says it show how!
But having watched it i only see csv and PE is pxp file format.
What do i pick from the list to get pxp in?
I have about 400 snippets csv only allows 1 by 1

Hi @anon30495567 - welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I've tried looking into how PhraseExpress exports its data and I haven't managed to find a clear-cut solution for exporting to a commonly-used file such as CSV.

I also tried printing to a pdf file, but again, the layout of the columns of data isn't tab separated, so there doesn't seem to be a practical way to "break it up" into a content, shortcut, keyboard shortcut format.

I've spoken with our engineering team and they'll try to dig up a solution, but for now it looks like you'll have to do this the manual way.

That said, a workaround could be to actually type your shortcuts inside a Text Blaze snippet contents window, so at least you have the contents.

I've made a quick gif to demonstrate what I mean. Hope you find it useful :slight_smile:

GIF - PhraseExpress

That said, I'd be happy to jump on a call and help you create brand some new snippets that take full advantage of the power of Text Blaze. I promise you'll be very excited with the possibilities :slight_smile:

HI
Look at my number of phrases here
You can see with the number i have and folders your import needs to be investigated to get people to move over. I am not going to paste all those snippets in i am using it to save time not add extra hours copying across, hope you understand.

Hi @anon30495567

Of course I understand completely. Unfortunately, it looks like the import/export workflow for PhraseExpress was intentionally designed to work exclusively within its environment.

Creating the functionality for Text Blaze to be able to read such a "proprietary" file format is a very challenging and time-consuming endeavor. It's something we might decide to explore at a later date, but right now our main priorities are focused on improving Text Blaze's core functionality and making it accessible on other platforms.

Thank you for your understanding, and I hope you'll still decide to give Text Blaze a try. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

HI
Have you guys made any further improvement in achieving this ?

Hi Thorrr.

We're looking into this right now, we'll update you soon about it.

Best regards.