Insert form value into paragraph field

Good afternoon!
I'm using dynamic fields and {clipboard} to prepare complex email templates. The instructions provided in the January 2021 Development Update have been very helpful thus far.
My stumbling block is that the form values inserted into paragraphs do not work - the name of the form value appears in the place of a value from the clipboard.
For example:
I have the same problem with imported snippets, but I'm presuming that's just a limitation I'll have to work around.
Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Cheers
Luke

Hi @luke.forbes

I'm not quite understanding the problem. Would you be able to shoot a video and email it to me on cedric@blaze.today please?

I've emailed you. Thanks, @Cedric_Debono_Blaze!

Hi @luke.forbes - thanks for your email.

I think I understand what you're trying to accomplish.

Have a look below and tell me whether it's what you're looking for:

{note: trim=right}
{paragraph1="Dear "&givenname}

{endnote: trim=right}

{formtext: name=givenname; default=Dorian}

{=paragraph1}

If I understood your intentions correctly, you wanted to create a variable called paragraph1 that combined a string of text with the contents of another variable called givenname.

The reason it wasn't working, is that you placed givenname inside the quotation marks, so Text Blaze interpreted it as a string of text, not as a variable.

To solve this, you need to remove givenname from inside the quotation marks, and use the ampersand (&) sign to tie together the string of text and the variable contents, as I've shown above.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

That fixed it! Thanks, @Cedric_Debono_Blaze.

For paragraphs that include multiple variables, it just needs extra ampersands:

1 Like

Glad it worked out! :slight_smile: