New idea, to insert custom text/words but with same message at different places

Hi Cedric,
Please read this message in reference to the attached image. Imagine the following

Shortcut: /moc

Text: Hi [firstword], We provide high students opportunities to learn from mentors online who guide students to understand a subject in greater depth. We have a talented student interested to learn about [secondword], under your esteemed guidance. Will be honoured to connect with you, Ulrik

Usage: /moc-David-Biology

Output: Hi David, We provide high students opportunities to learn from mentors online who guide students to understand a subject in greater depth. We have a talented student interested to learn about Biology, under your esteemed guidance. Will be honoured to connect with you, Ulrik

Hi @Saravanan_Padua_Yell

If I understand correctly, you want to pass parameters to a snippet via the shortcut. While I understand why you would want to do that, it seems to be a rather complicated way of doing things.

The main issue I foresee is that this would potentially make shortcuts incredibly long. Moreover, if you make a mistake while typing the shortcut, it would mess up your snippet output by producing the typo.

One solution for what you want to achieve, is to use form commands. Something like this should be adequate:

Hi {formtext}, We provide high students opportunities to learn from mentors online who guide students to understand a subject in greater depth. We have a talented student interested to learn about {formtext}, under your esteemed guidance. Will be honoured to connect with you, Ulrik

And if you're always using the same options for the subject, you could use a dropdown menu:

Hi {formtext}, We provide high students opportunities to learn from mentors online who guide students to understand a subject in greater depth. We have a talented student interested to learn about {formmenu: Biology; Mathematics; Physics; Chemistry}, under your esteemed guidance. Will be honoured to connect with you, Ulrik

You could also have a multi-select menu for choosing multiple options:

Hi {formtext}, We provide high students opportunities to learn from mentors online who guide students to understand a subject in greater depth. We have a talented student interested to learn about {formmenu: multiple=yes; Biology; Mathematics; Physics; Chemistry}, under your esteemed guidance. Will be honoured to connect with you, Ulrik

Would something like the above help?

1 Like

Yes this is exactly the thing I was thinking of. Thanks so much for pointing it to me.

1 Like

Anytime :slight_smile: