New way to progress through the snippet

Can we add a feature where we can press a certain key to continue the snippet instead of only using the "wait" command? For example, instead of:
"Twinkle, twinkle, little {cursor}{wait: delay=+3s}. How I wonder what you {cursor}."

we can do

Twinkle, twinkle, little {cursor} (press key [such as - or enter] to continue). How I wonder what you {cursor}?

This would make life alot easier instead of having to set a delay that's too short and the snippet continues before I was finished typing, or set a delay that's too long, finishing typing, then twiddling my thumbs till the snippet continues. Please consider it! Thanks a bunch!

You could try something like this:
Twinkle, twinkle, little {cursor} {formtext: name=input}{if: input==""}{else}{key:backspace} How I wonder what you {endif}{cursor}{key:rightarrow}{key:rightarrow}{key:backspace}

You have to put the rightarrow+backspace due to formatting error but it works.

Hi @Kristina_Sarran-Espe - welcome to the forum.

This request comes up occasionally. We might consider it in the future, but it would be tricky to implement consistently. My recommendation is to keep things simple and just use two snippets. That way, you have full control over the outcome.