Paragraph & line break issues in rich text editors

I just started using Text Blaze and love what I'm seeing, but I'm having issues with new lines in my snippets coming out as either a new paragraph or a soft line break when used in a rich text editor (e.g. TinyMCE or whatever Salesforce uses).

In the Blaze editor, I use the return key once to start a new line. When I use this snippet in a rich text editor (RTE), I get this:

<p>line 1<br />line 2</p>

If I use the return key twice in Blaze, here's what I get in the RTE:

<p>line 1</p>
<p>line 2</p>

So far, this is exactly how I would expect things to work. However, when I use two returns and make the second line bold, here's what I get in the RTE:

<p>line 1</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>line 2</strong></p>

Is this a quirk of the RTE that bold adds an additional paragraph or should I be creating my snippet differently?

Hi Bob,

We want to get this fixed in Salesforce, but it's quite complex. Note this shouldn't effect all of SFDC editor fields as they use a variety of different editors in different parts of their product and I think only one of the editors has the issue.

For now, I believe you can work around this by using a plain text snippet. Select all the text in the snippet and press the "Tx" button to remove styling and the snippet should work correctly.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply. We can work around this for now, but I feel that it's quite important for us to have rich text formatting in certain cases so I hope this if fix is closer to the top of your list. Have a great week!