Pull domain name of user for tracking within org

I'm apart of an organization and am wondering if there is a way to pull the domain of the individual applying a snippet from a team folder.

Context:
We're attempting to track snippet application for multiple reasons to be forwarded to a google form (and eventually a google doc). The roadblock we're running into is tracking who is applying the snippet. Is there a code already in place for this?

If not, this function would be extremely useful to have access to :slight_smile:

Thank in advance!

Hi @Andrew_Blackburne

Org accounts allow you to set up user properties.

To do this:

1. Navigate to the "Members" section of your org dashboard
  2. Click on the gear icon next to member properties
  3. Set up whatever properties you need

One way you could implement such a workflow is to insert the user property inside every snippet, and then use {urlsend} to send that information to a pre-populated google form as explained in the post below:

1 Like

Already well acquainted with the URL send feature. Which is amazing btw!
Checking those settings out now! Thank you so much :heavy_heart_exclamation:

For domain names of the user you don't need to configure any properties. The {user: email} command will include the user's email and you can get the domain name like so:

{=split({user: email}, "@")[2]}

You can learn more here:

2 Likes

@Andrew_Blackburne - Scott's solution is probably a lot more practical than mine. You should try that first.

The solution I proposed might be a good fit in cases where you wanted to have a unique identifier for each user, which might be cumbersome if you have many of them.

Let us know how this works out for you :slight_smile:

This actually answers my next few questions!
Way to kill 3 birds with one stone :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Awesome! :star_struck:

1 Like