Pulling a name automatically from VanillaSoft or Ringy

How can I pull a first name from my vanilla soft leads and auto insert into my snippets?

Hi @Bill_Sublette , Try our new entity selector. See video here: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

If the result of the selector is the full name, you can split it and select the first word:
{=split(SELECTOR HERE, " ")[1]}

1 Like

I am having problems with it,. When I click on that snippet like on the dashboard all I get is this {site:text} . It then doesn't give me the option in a window like on the video. I have the Pro version of text blaze

I think I figured it out. I had to allow editing on my options.

1 Like

Yes.
Impressive that you figured it out by yourself :slight_smile:

unfortunately it is still not taking the. I keep getting a bad selector answer when I try. This is the lead I find on one of my sites but I keep getting an error

@Bill_Sublette do you mind emailing us at support@blaze.today. One of our engineers will help you with this.

Okay I will do that later today. Thank you for your help

Hi Bill, the "bad selector answer" only indicates that the selector might not work consistently (for example, when you restart your computer, it might stop working).

However, it's just a chance, and it may work fine in your specific case. So, you should still be able to use it in your snippet.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer.

1 Like