Pulling data from DataBlaze

Hi everyone!

First thank you for this wonderful tool! We are using DataBlaze to track the agreements in our Law Firm. I wrote this form (see link below) for attorneys to enter the data into DataBlaze. Now I would like to do something similar if possible, a form or a snippet to do something similar, but in reverse. To explain better, in order to search for a list of agreements that have a certain set of information that would be good examples or templates, I would like to be able to search using the information in the sheet that this form populates using 3-4 search criteria. I know "read from table" is a command that I can use in a snippet but I can't figure out how to make it work! Any help you can offer would be amazing. Thank you.

https://data.blaze.today/public/form/l7RcXdEPvbNYUHGpWcCVLyBmQap31kCytUI2VyeA48M

Hi Michelle, welcome to the community!

Based on your description, I think the best way would be to create a query that will search through your Data Blaze using the search values you specify. Using your public form as an example, you can have a dropdown with the same selection for "State" and "Children", and if you select "NY" as the state and "One Child" for the children option, then the query would try to find rows that match both search criteria.

{formmenu: NY; default=NJ; Other; name=state}{formmenu: Children; default=No Children; One Child; name=children}

{dbselect: SELECT State, Children, Alimony FROM agreements WHERE State = @state AND Children = @children; space=id; menu=yes}

Thanks Obed! How do I get it to give me back the names of the agreements that have the given criterial?

Hi Michelle,
I changed Obed's example slightly.
I removed the menu and instead I've inserted all the Alimonies that fit the criteria.
Let me know what you think.

{formmenu: NY; default=NJ; Other; name=state}{formmenu: Children; default=No Children; One Child; name=children}

{dbselect: SELECT Alimony FROM agreements WHERE State = @state AND Children = @children; space=id; menu=no;multiple=yes}
{=join(Alimony,",")}