Recommendations for best way to code

Hi there, I am brand new to Text Blaze and so far am loving it capabilities! I work at a vet clinic and we are moving to a cloud based software and are looking at ways to increase our productivity and speed with record keeping as we are required to document summaries of all discussions had during the appointments. For some of the more routine appointments, we have templates of some of the discussions we often have and would like recommendations on how to code it. For example, for our "parasite prevention discussion", we would have a write out like below, and then modify/delete during the appointment based on what was actually discussed:

• Discussed internal and external parasite prevention
    • Went over recommendations from the Canadian Parasitologist Experts Council for deworming frequency vs fecal testing frequency based on lifestyle
    • Discussed risk factors based on lifestyle
    • Discussed various products available, coverage, application and frequency
    • Owner opted for ____, and will pick up further doses as needed
    • Owner declined prevention at this time and is aware can pickup anytime over the next year as long as VPCR is up to date

Based on what I know so far, I was thinking the following would make the most sense with turning each point into a toggle that can be turned on/off based on if that particular topic was discussed:

• Went over recommendations from the Canadian Parasitologist Experts Council for deworming frequency vs fecal testing frequency based on lifestyle
      {formtoggle: name=Lifestyle risks; default=no}- Discussed risk factors based on lifestyle{endformtoggle}
      {formtoggle: name=Various products discussion; default=no}- Discussed various products available, coverage, application and frequency{endformtoggle}
      {formtoggle: name=Prevention purchased; default=no}- Owner opted for {formtext: name=Parasite prevention purchased}, and will pick up further doses as needed{endformtoggle}
      {formtoggle: name=Prevention declined; default=no}- Owner declined prevention at this time and is aware can pickup anytime over the next year as long as VPCR is up to date{endformtoggle}

Given my knowledge on Textblaze is very limited thus far I wanted to get opinions on whether or not this is the most efficient way to achieve our goal. The example is a VERY brief example of one of the many topics discussed during an appointment and the discussions can get quite lengthy. Any input is very much appreciated!

Hi, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Your snippet looks great, and you're using the {formtoggle} command perfectly, keep up the good work!

You may also consider using the {import} command if you need to reuse common discussions in different templates.

Feel free to share more thoughts or questions with us, we're here to help with your automation.

Thank you for the speedy reply! I'm having a harder time with the formatting/ trim selection. With the current code I have, if I were to select/toggle on the first and third item, it shows up like this:

• Owner opted for , and will pick up further doses as needed

But I would like it to show up as follows, with no spaces between the selected portions

• Owner opted for , and will pick up further doses as needed

If I turn the trim settings on, then it no longer shows as bulleted points and becomes one long line. How do I get around this?

Hi @mildmayveterinary

You may use the {formtoggle} command at the end of the previous bullet point for each entry, this way the bullet point itself becomes a part of the toggle, like for example:

Discussed internal and external parasite prevention

• Went over recommendations from the Canadian Parasitologist Experts Council for deworming frequency vs fecal testing frequency based on lifestyle{formtoggle: name=Lifestyle risks; default=no}
  • Discussed risk factors based on lifestyle{endformtoggle}{formtoggle: name=Various products discussion; default=no}
  • Discussed various products available, coverage, application and frequency{endformtoggle}{formtoggle: name=Prevention purchased; default=no}
  • Owner opted for {formtext: name=Parasite prevention purchased}, and will pick up further doses as needed{endformtoggle}

Perfect, thank you! Is there a way to achieve this with additional indentations for the bulleted list? For example, in the following example I want to have a toggle option for whether or not splitting vaccines was discussed, if it was discussed and the owner answered "yes" different text appears than if the owner were to answer "no",

What I have thus far is:

which is appearing as the following when "yes" to splitting is selected:

Preferably we don't want those extra 2 "dots" in there - is there a way to avoid this when the answers to the selection are indented further than the line above? (sorry I hope this makes sense, I'm having a hard time explaining it)

Hi @mildmayveterinary

You can also use the {if} command at the end of the previous bullet point as follows:

• Discussed vaccines and vaccine reactions
    • Went over DA2PPw/Lepto, lyme and bordetella risk, transmission and clinical signs {formtoggle: name=Vaccine(s) declined; default=no}
    • Owner declined:{endformtoggle} {formtoggle: name=Splitting vaccines offered; default=no}
    • Discussed option of splitting vaccines to aid in reducing risk of vaccine reaction{endformtoggle}{note}{if: `splitting vaccines offered`=yes}{formmenu: Yes; No; name=Are we splitting vaccines}{endif}{endnote}{if: `are we splitting vaccines` = "No"}
      • Owner declined splitting, is aware of the risks and the clinical signs or reactions to observe for, and if noted to inform vet staff ASAP{endif}{if: `are we splitting vaccines` = "Yes"}
      • Owner opted to split vaccines and is aware of additional visits/costs{endif}