Replacement not working with pop-up window

I'm unsure if this is a known issue or not, but some people within our organization are having issues using snippets within Team Folders that generate a pop-up window.

So far we've tried troubleshooting (logging out and back in, reinstalling the extension, ect) and nothing seems to be helping.

The user is working using full screen mode on Mac and the pop-up is opening up in a new full screened window. Typically this has not been an issue in the past.

Any advise would be truly appreciated! :pray:

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

To confirm, is the issue that the pop-up window takes up the entire screen when you use the snippet, or is it that the snippet itself won't insert when you click "insert" ?

If it's the former, you can manually adjust the size of your pop-up window so that it fits as needed. Here's a GIF that shows how:

resize-popup

Please let me know if that works and if you have any other questions.

Thank you for your response @Dylan!
The issue is that after hitting "insert" the pop-up goes away and we're left with the shortcut text without any changes.

The pop-up window itself gets minimized into an error (could not apply snippet) that gives two options "copy information to clipboard" and something about continuing without applying the text.

1 Like

Hey @Andrew_Blackburne I am aware of this issue and it is very difficult to reproduce, as you have also noticed only a few users are facing this issue. For example, I just tested this and it works fine right now on my macbook in full screen mode. I'm guessing it works fine for you as well.

A workaround for this issue is to not use Chrome in full screen mode. Let me know if it works for you.

1 Like

in my case, the snippet window ocassionally goes away and not only inserted nothing, It also didnt let me copy the information to a clipboard and disappeared completely!!!! which resulted in redoing the whole snippet, didnt save me any time at all!!!!!

Hi @Felix it seems you are referring to a different issue. Can you send me an email on gaurang@blaze.today and I will take a look into this. Thanks!

the issue is rather similar, i completed filling the snippet form when I click insert at times it didn't give me the option to copy to clipboard but the window just disappeared and inserted nothing

Hi @Felix are you facing this issue on the Windows app or on the Chrome extension? There can be some functionality difference between the two. I would appreciate if you could send me a short video for this issue on gaurang@blaze.today . Or you could email me and we can have a quick video call.

It happened again and I was finally able to grab a screenshot of the issue!

When this happened I personally navigated away from the screen (to copy and paste material needed to be inserted in the snippet) which has always been the flow of this snippet. Upon inserting the snippet from the pop-up window I was greeted with this screen.

Hi Andrew, thanks for following up on this thread. Is it possible for you to use the form window in popup mode, without the full-screen mode? As I mentioned earlier, this issue exists because, in the case of a separate full-screen window, macOS has a horizontal workspace sliding animation. This animation can cause these form insertions to fail. This happens rarely, but it does happen.

Hi @Gaurang_Tandon!

Sorry for the late reply, but I never use full screen mode for that exact reason. Since text blaze will also show as full screen, it adds a layer of inconvenience when attempting to copy and paste material.

So the instance that I pasted above happened when I was not in a full screened mode.