Request for Feedback: Data Blaze Beta!

Thanks Laren! Works well. Still I'd prefer to have wrapped text on the primary table view. However, I like how this opens up almost like a ticket.

1 Like

I tried the Comments feature within Gallery View this morning. The comment I wrote to a user is blocked out though. Screenshot below. The comment was started with an "@username" where I selected the targeted user from the search result so I could ping the user I was writing the comment to.

@Brad_Hedinger can you please tell me if refreshing the page fixed the problem? or it continues blocked like this even after a refresh?

Indeed it worked!

Noticed that above the comment I write, it says "Deleted User". This user is not deleted though. The space is shared with the user too. :thinking:

@Brad_Hedinger This issue should now be fixed, can you please check again and let me know if the issue is still happening?

1 Like

Fixed! thank you!!

1 Like

When I first discovered Text Blaze (a few days ago), I was pretty impressed; it's an amazing implementation of snippet expansion with a deep embrace of interoperability. More on that in future threads. Data Blaze concerned me; I was worried it might be the perfect branch that could defocus the team. But then I slept on it.

I see DB as many things; as a companion spreadsheet, of course, a convenient data catcher, and perhaps an easily accessible logging bucket. But I think it also can be used as a middle-tier facilitating an institutional memory for both transient and static data. No other snippet system can remember stuff from one event to another. Data Blaze is a meme-handler; it can create awareness between disparate but sometimes related actions and especially in cases where two snippets share dependencies.

Use Case

Imagine a snippet that performs an external process that creates a time-centric information object and other snippets that need that same data. My observation is that some snippets are core activities and often generate state information. Other snippets are in orbit around such state information. Data Blaze is ideal for avoiding snippet amnesia. :wink:

5 Likes

Good day! Having a strange issue with Data Blaze. I have all my snippets set up to feed Data Blaze specific info every time any user runs any snippet. For some reason, over the weekend some snippets for some users are generating this error message on the user side, and the snippet is not feeding the data to Data Blaze.

I have already tried disconnecting folders from Data Blaze and reconnecting. Also tried making a duplicate of a snippet and deleting the original one. No resolve. Any thoughts?

Thank you @Mansur_Kutybayev for meeting with Carolyn and I about this issue! Looking forward to hearing back from your team.

Another Data Blaze question! Is there a way to mass-delete rows? I know I can click and drag to highlight a max of 200 rows at a time, then right click and select Delete Rows. However, my table has over 16,000 rows! I only need to delete a portion of those rows but still several thousand. 200 at a time is not efficient. Any thoughts / ideas?

The easiest would probably be a {dbdelete} command within a {repeat}. You could also use the Data Blaze API but that would require some programming in Python or another language of your choice.

Either way, make sure to double and triple check your logic, you don't want to delete the wrong rows!

1 Like

I have just started exploring how to use Data Blaze in my practice, so I hope this has not been asked 10 000 times. Is there a more efficient way to switch from Data blaze dashboard to the textblaze dashboard? It's not a huge deal, just a little clunky :smile:

Hey @Ricki_Gillespie! You can click the Rubik's Cube looking icon near the top right of both Text Blaze and Data Blaze. That's how I do it. I also just have a bookmark to both pages on by Bookmarks Bar.

2 Likes

Yes, bookmarking is better option.

1 Like

So far this morning, I am experiencing significant page load time in all my Data Blaze spaces and tables. Average about 30 seconds. I have cleared out my cache, logged out and back in, etc. Am I alone on this? Any insight?

Hi @Brad_Hedinger ,

We've recently deployed a new version of Data Blaze which is causing issues currently. We're aware of the issue and working on a fix.

1 Like

The performance issue should be fixed now. @Brad_Hedinger could you verify this on your end?

1 Like

All good - thanks!

How do I get Field Values from an imported snippet to be passed through to Data Blaze when running the parent snippet?