Search a keyword and share a short phrase with a link

Hi! TextBlaze is a game changer, and I'm using it for all. Thanks for the tool, @scott.

I need a snippet that, inserting a keyword in a search box, display a dropdown menu with titles related to the keywords. For example: "How to choose the best bike".

That option ("How to choose the best bike", for example) have to insert a short phrase with an hyperlink. The phrase can be like "We would like to recommend you [how to choose the best bike](link here)".

My idea is to write all possible options with their phrases, and then search by keyword and paste.

Do anyone have an idea of how implement that? Thanks!

Hi, and welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Not sure I fully understand what you are trying to achieve. From your description it sounds like something Text Blaze could do. Could you provide more examples of what you are looking for and we might be able to help more?

1 Like

For sure, Scott! I'm wanting to write a phrase like:

"Hello!

We are glad you received your [keyword].

If you wish, you can consult [drop-down with curated options links linked to the keyword]"

For example:

"Hello!

We are glad you received your bike.

If you wish, you can consult [drop-down with curated options links linked to bikes entries in a blog]."

Those blog posts will have been previously curated by me, so that I can tailor the recommendation to the client.

I guess the curated blog posts will have to be in another snippet, but I accept suggestions.

Any other questions, Scott, write me.

Thanks for your time!

Ok, I think I understand what you're trying to achieve.

It's a bit cumbersome, but it's doable.

Hello!

We are glad you received your {formmenu: name=choice; bike; scooter; skateboard}.

If you wish, you can consult the following articles:

{if: choice=="bike"}import the snippet with articles about bikes{elseif: choice=="scooter"}import the snippet with articles about scooters{elseif: choice=="skateboard"}import the snippet with articles about skateboards{endif}.

This allows you to update the snippets with the curated article lists as often as you need, without having to update the main snippet. However, if you want to add an extra option, you'll need to add it to the {formmenu} command and add a respective {elseif} command for it in the {if} block.

Does that answer your question?

1 Like

It is exactly what I want, @Cedric_Debono_Blaze! Thanks!

Definitively I have a new hero haha

Once again, thanks!

1 Like

You're welcome :smile:

1 Like