Selecting options in dropdown

Hello,

Is there a way I can select multiple options from a drop down menu with "multiple select" enabled by using "space" instead of "enter"?

Thanks,

Hi @Brady_Robbins Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

I have one question: is there any particular reason why you would prefer to use Space to select the options instead of using Enter? It seems to me both are equally good, and perhaps the Enter key is slightly better because it has a sense of finalizing the current selection.

Hi Gaurang,

I navigate my snippets with tab and the arrow keys. When I encounter a multi select drop down I have to take my right hand off the arrow keys to press the enter button and then return it to go to the next option. It would be much more efficient if I could press space bar to select with my left hand and keep navigating with my right.

If I am missing something and there is an easy way to do this please let me know.

Thanks,
Brady

I see what you mean. I just tested and saw that the buttons trigger on both Space key press and Enter key press. The menu also launches with both Space and Enter. But the item selections only works with Enter, and not the Space key.

On the surface, this seems inconsistent to me, so your request definitely makes sense. I'll raise this internally and look into it. Thanks for letting us know about it :slightly_smiling_face: