Shortcuts not working intermittently

Hello,

I frequently have to retype my shortcuts to get them to work, especially if I pause for a moment while typing them. I have read the help section but can't find any answer to the problem. Some earlier posts mention changing the typing speed slider in my dashboard, but looks like that function has been removed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi!

Sorry to hear about this problem. Does this happen in websites or just one?

When you say "pause for a moment", could you try to quantify that. E.g. is it a less than a second or several seconds?

I only use it for one website, just for work. I have done a little experimenting and it seems to happen on other websites too. It's random and most of the time it seems like a second or less. I have tried pausing intentionally and it happens all the time if I pause for an extended period, seems like 3 seconds or more.

I will definitely pay more attention to the timing the next time I work.

OK, let us know as you use it more. If the timeout to complete a shortcut is too tight, we can increase it.

This is my identical problem. New to TB. Is there a manual way to set the time out completion?

Edit: I label pics and move quickly between them in xm8; Maybe the time to completion is too long? I'm guessing that is the hang up with the next shortcut not completing and having to try multiple times to get them working? Is there a setting I can shorten the completion time?

Hi @Dustin_Falconer Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: There is no way to adjust the timeout. I'm assuming you're referring to Xactimate the desktop app.

When you move between the pictures, do you use the tab key, the enter key, or the arrow keys? Note that pressing any of those keys should reset the shortcut completion. For example: pressing ab<tab>/cd should trigger the shortcut /cd. Let me know if that's not what you're seeing.

Thanks for the welcome! I use Alt N and then need to wait a full 3 seconds before I can enter another shortcut key. I appreciate knowing there is a way to go quicker. Is it possible to re assign Alt N to TAB?? Sounds like that is what I need to do next?

Yes, Xactimate.

I see. When you press Alt+N, does the active text field also change? So is it a hotkey to jump to a new text field in the app?

As a temporary workaround, yes, you can remap Tab (or Ctrl+N, if that works for you) to Alt+N inside this specific application (using Microsoft PowerToys). Then, when you use Tab (or Ctrl+N), Text Blaze would clear the shortcut stream, so you wouldn't need to wait.

Yes, Alt+N to next pic text field; I got tab assigned (much nicer) but unfortunately it is not resetting the shortcut completion. It needs approx. 3 sec completely stopped, no typing of any kind, in order to allow the next shortcut. Would it possibly be that the tab is no longer functioning as "tab" but Alt N?

Thanks: I think that the N from the Alt+N hotkey gets added to our shortcut stream. As a workaround, is it possible for you to change the hotkey in this program's settings to use a Ctrl+ prefix?