Snippet Preview

Is there a way to have a snippet shortcut search populate next to the typing cursor (say 5-8 options) in a small box as typing occurs? I have multiple snippets that start with ";" + "acronym/subject" + "variation" (I'm in healthcare), but I can't remember the specific ending for each. This can get complex for each subject for history, plans, comments, assessments, etc.

For a simplified example, I might have the following for weight visits:

;hpiweighti (history of present illness weight initial)
;hpiweightfu (history of present illness weight follow up)

As I type ";hpiweight" - can both ;hpiweighti and ;hpiweightfu be listed as options actively next to my typing so I know what is available in my snippets without heading to the dashboard and doing a traditional search? I don't want the actual content of each snippet, just the shortcut names listed.

Thanks!

Hello Michael,

We're working on this feature but it's currently on beta. Let me know if you'd like to try it out, and I'll email you.

1 Like

Yes, I'd love to try it out. Thanks!

1 Like

Just bumping this, as this feature would be immensely beneficial and I'm looking for other products that support it. Currently, it looks like the feature is paused. :frowning:

Hi @michaelbenoitmd Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Note that you can use the Text Blaze Assistant (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIWQbcqH8mQ&t=0s) entirely via keyboard shortcuts: launch it via the keyboard shortcut, then use letter keys to search your snippet, then use arrow keys to navigate the list, and then press Enter key to insert the selected snippet.
You can also customize its keyboard shortcut. Would the assistant work for your use case?