Sort snippets inside folders by usage, name or shortcut

I think that would be really great to have a sort feature inside each folder to organize in easy and fast way all snippets.

Sometimes we have a lot of snippets inside a folder, and having a way to sort them can help when we share a folder or just to have our Text Blaze more organized.

It can be useful also to quickly find conflicting shortcuts, since as now there isn't a way to find all conflicting shortcuts in an easy way.

Regards,

Diego.

Thanks for the suggestion @Diego_Suancha.

On a related note, you can drag and drop snippets to change the order as you please.

Also, when you have conflicting shortcuts, you can mouse over the notification at the bottom left to see which shortcuts are conflicting. Another way is to use the search bar and start writing the problematic shortcut. This will give you a list of all shortcuts containing that string of text, which should help you identify where the conflict is.

That said, we've taken note of your suggestion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the advice @Cedric_Debono_Blaze.

I mentioned these features because of this:

In this case this is half of the snippets that I have in this folder, and as you can see, It will be really hard if I wanted to sort this folder in any way :3 I know that maybe this is my fault for creating a lot of snippets, but that is why.

Regarding the conflicting shortcuts, for example I have one that is CC as you can see here

Screenshot 2021-09-16 3.02.32 PM

If I search CC in the search bat it will give me this:

Screenshot 2021-09-16 3.06.32 PM

And here there are like 40 snippets that contains the "CC" string.

And again, than you for the time Cedric :3

I see, thanks for the clarification @Diego_Suancha - you make a valid point. Organizing your snippets definitely shouldn't become harder when you have many snippets. We'll see what we can do.

In the meantime, if you wish we could jump on a call, maybe I could give you some advice on how to build snippets in a way that reduces the number of snippets you have.

Let me know.

1 Like

For conflicts, you can navigate to the "cc" snippet. Then hover over the orange shortcut with the conflict icon and it will tell you those specific snippets that "cc" is conflicting with and allow you to navigate to them directly.

Note that this feature is new and was added in the past two weeks or so.

Sorting is something that comes up occasionally. I'll file an internal issue for us to keep track of and we can tackle it when there is availability.

1 Like