Sorting/Organizing Snippets

How can I sort my list of snippets A-Z or by created date--any organizing mechanism to find an appropriate snippet without requiring a keyword search? This is a major pain point for me because I have a large number of snippets.

Hi @Paul_Banks,

At the moment Text Blaze does not have an auto-sorting feature. However, you can re-arrange the order of your snippets by dragging them around, if that helps.

1 Like

That's helpful and good to know. Thanks. It would be nice if the list were organized in some way that made sense. Right now it just a mess with no rhyme or reason why it is the way it is.

Hi Paul,

You drag and drop your snippets in the snippet list to organize them however you see fit.

We're also planning to add an option to sort all your snippets at once. Hope to have it out soon.

1 Like

Yes I see that, thanks.

Yes, I agree.
This would also be extremely helpful. While drag and drop is helpful, with so many snippets, this can be quite cumbersome. Hopefully an auto arrange feature will be deployed soon. Thanks!

Hi Allan and Paul,

We've now launched this feature! You now can right click on a snippet folder and then sort the snippets by either name or shortcut.

5 Likes