Time Filters in Data Blaze

I built a DB table that tracks details about every snippet every time any of my users uses any snippet. One of my table views is "Todays Usage". The problem I am having is that while the first column called 'when' is populating the time accurately to EST, the table filters time in UTC. This means that at any snippet run after 7pm EST every day is not showing up in the "Todays Usage" view. Any ideas?

Here is a screenshot of part of the table (pii greyed out :slight_smile: )

DB_Snippet Usage_Today

Hi Brad,

I created a test Data Blaze space and set up a field for date & time, and then added a filter for "is today".

I used the following settings: US Date format (02/20/2020), Time format (12 hour 11:00 PM), Timezone (US/Eastern).

Then, I set the filter for "is today" and it does filter time in EST.

I believe that setting the Timezone setting to US/Eastern should fix this for you. Can you give this a try and see if that works for you?

Please let me know if that helps.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 12.05.08 PM

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 12.14.15 PM

Tried that but it shifts all the times that have been logged back 5 hours.

btw - I am feeding the time from TB as {when={time: LLL}}

Hi @Brad_Hedinger,

The problem here seems to be related to passing the date through dbinsert. It is missing timezone and therefore DB accepts it as if it was in UTC. To fix that you can use ZZ token which will add timezone information - {when={time: LLL ZZ}}. This should make both date and filter match properly in UTC.

1 Like

Works perfectly! Thank you much!