Time Zone Converter

I am very new to Text Blaze and still learning. I am trying to find a way to convert from my time zone to another time zone for a meeting message. I found a snippet that will convert to one, two, or three timezones but it isn't quite what I need.

How can I input a meeting in my time and get the time for someone in another country. For instance, I am in MST. So if I input 6:00 am in MST (It would also need to convert to MDT) how can I convert to UTC + 3 (or any time zone I choose)?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Hi @Nichole_Oswald

One way to do this is to use the shift setting.

Let me start with a basic example, and I'll elaborate step by step.

Below, you can see how I'm using the shift setting to get a time that is 3hrs later or 5hrs before the chosen time.

Enter the time: {formtext: name=h; default=0; cols=3}:{formtext: name=m; default=0; cols=3}

Time chosen: {time: HH:mm; at={=h&" "&m}; pattern=H m}

Time 3hrs later: {time: HH:mm; at={=h&" "&m}; pattern=H m; shift=3h}

Time 5hrs before: {time: HH:mm; at={=h&" "&m}; pattern=H m; shift=-5h}

Next, I've created text fields with names, which I can then use to customize by how many hours I want the shift to happen.

Enter the time: {formtext: name=h; default=0; cols=3}:{formtext: name=m; default=0; cols=3}

Time chosen: {time: HH:mm; at={=h&" "&m}; pattern=H m}

Time {formtext: name=shiftlater; default=0; cols=3} hrs later: {time: HH:mm; at={=h&" "&m}; pattern=H m; shift={=shiftlater}h}

Time {formtext: name=shiftbefore; default=0; cols=3} hrs before: {time: HH:mm; at={=h&" "&m}; pattern=H m; shift=-{=shiftbefore}h}

Automating the daylight saving time is a little trickier, as it would involve using {if} commands to determine whether the chosen date is within a specific range, and then adjust accordingly. I think it would be more practical to use the first example I gave you, and manually create the shifts according to the time zones you most frequently use.

For instance, in my case, I deal mainly with EST and PST, so I've set those up directly, and didn't bother with using the text fields to modify the shift.

Let me know if this helps :slight_smile:

Thank you very much. I will give it a try.

1 Like

You're welcome. I'm here to answer any questions you may have :blush: