Undo/Redo in Snippet Editor

Adding this to the editor would be a convenient option.

Undo/redo should be there. What steps do you want to undo that aren't supported?

In the editor? Or maybe I'm missing it?! Nothing specific... I had inadvertently deleted a chunk of snippet over the weekend and it got me thinking about an undo button. Thanks!

1 Like

I too have not seen an "Undo/redo" option. However, I do see a "Snippet content history" button at the bottom-right of the page. I can see this helpful when needing to reference version history of a Snippet. From there, I can copy/paste the older version into the current Snippet, or to a notepad app, etc. Here's a quick video of it in use: https://bit.ly/2PdTau7

Note that the snippet history feature is only available to users on the Business or Enterprise plans. Users on Basic or Pro won't see the button there.

Personally, when I want to make major changes in a snippet, I like to create a copy first to have something to fall back on. Once you start going down the rabbit hole and changing stuff, it's easy to get carried away and end up too far from the starting point.

1 Like

Should have UNDO or history for Pro Version. Mandatory feature for any similar program but for a single user not worth the cost to upgrade more.

I completely hear ya @Brian_Haley. When I was on Basic, then Pro, I felt the same way for sure. I then adopted what @Cedric_Debono_Blaze suggested above. Whenever I need to make changes to a snippet that are greater changes than a few characters, or basic corrections, I always duplicate the snippet and move it to a private folder called "Maintenance". I treat that like a sandbox environment. Once testing is done and the changes are ready to deploy, I copy the entire snippet contents and paste it over the live snippet. People have different ways of doing this for sure. Just my thoughts.

1 Like

Like @Brad_Hedinger I use my own method for updating Snippets.

For me personally, I use GitHib a lot, and I have a text_blaze private repository which I have a file for each of my snippets.

Whenever I make a change to a snippet, I copy the new code into the relevant file. This then gets comitted back to Github Repo.

This means that I have a complete history of every single change to every single Snippet. I can easily rollback to and old version of the snippet and update the TB version in case I've FUBARED something.

This may be overkill for most but I find it helps keep everything safe and secure etc

1 Like

Strongly agree! It's incredibly frustrating to lose a complex form/snippet and either have no backup or an old, outdated backup manually created.