Update table in data blaze

Hi

Say I have a table in db set up.

Each row relates to a particular project. Each row has a number of different fields.

I can get the snippet to read from db and insert data into the snippet.

When I use the snippet and see that there is no relevant row in db for the project, I can create a new row in db.

What I cannot figure out is how to update (from the snippet) fields in an existing row as the project progresses.

To illustrate, assume each row has five fields and I have misspelt things in field1, field4 and field5. Is there a way - from the snippet - that I can be presented with ALL of the field values which I can then change in the snippet and have the changes saved back to db.

Thanks.

Hi @michael1

That's a good question. Right now, there's no way to be "presented with ALL of the field values which I can then change in the snippet and have the changes saved back to db".

We are working on some experimental solutions to this. If you're interested, feel free to write to us at support@blaze.today to join our beta program and test them.

Gaurang,

Thanks for the email. That would be an awesome feature.

A work around I have just thought of is to include a link to the row in a field within the row. If I attempt to complete a snippet and see that some of the information is out of date I select a toggle field "Upate" which reveals the link to the row in the snippet. I then copy and paste the row into a browser and can amend the row.

Just one follow up question that arises out of the work around.....will the links ever expire??

Thank you.

Glad to know you found a workaround :blush:

For a fixed space, table and row, the links should never expire.