What do you think about the possibility of a 4-day workweek?

We recently published a piece about the possibility of a 4-Day Workweek.

The piece discusses a viral UK study in which some companies are trying out the shortened workweek to see how it affects productivity and operations.

Results have been pretty positive, as 86% of companies surveyed indicated that they would either be likely or extremely likely to implement the 4-day workweek once the pilot program is completed. Here's our piece if you want to read more.

What do you think? Would you be happy or upset if your company moved to a 4-day workweek?

Here's my take: Personally, I think a 4-day workweek would be great for some people, as the extra day off could help a lot with personal time, family, hobbies, etc. For me, I wouldn't want to go to a 4-day workweek because Monday-Thursday would be too busy. I like to balance my work across all 5 weekdays. Moving to only 4 workdays would make my schedule more compact and stressful. I would be happy if we do move to a 4-day workweek one day, but I likely won't be campaigning for it.

Now it's your turn! I'd love to hear what everyone in the Text Blaze community thinks about the possibility of a 4-day workweek. Feel free to share your thoughts!

Hey Dylan! Great topic for sure. I have worked a job with 4 x 10hr days then 3 days off. I absolutely loved it! It also helped that I loved the job too, so after 3 days off, it was not pulling teeth to get back to work. I found that as my role evolved though, the amount of stuff that happened or changed in those 3 days, made for quite a lot of catch up time on day 1 back. Therefore, I experimented with dicing up my schedule to be on for 2 days, off 1 day, on for 2 days, off for 2 days. This really helped at the time. I loved that schedule quite a lot!

Throughout my career, I have experimented at length with 4 day work weeks, even 6 days of shorter hours. My favorite arrangement is the one I have now. I work 45-50 hours a week, but it truly is up to me when I work the hours...just as long as my responsibilities are taken care of 100%. Speaking for myself, I can honestly say that there is no right or wrong answer. It's finding what the right plan is for you, your employer and most importantly, ones family (if applicable). It helps to really enjoy your job too of course. Otherwise, none of it really matters anyway.

Love to hear others thoughts and experiences as well!

Keep Blazing :fire:,
-Brad

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Brad! I definitely see your point and I agree, it definitely depends on each person and their employer.

I think you've created a good system, and it seems to work pretty well for you. Thanks again for sharing!

1 Like