Working Days / Repeat Date

Hi!

I'm trying to create a snippet where I would input a date, then Text Blaze would repeat that date elsewhere in the snippet, but minis x number of working days. Is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

For example:

For us to provide your service on [input date here], we will need confirmation from you by [value of input date here, minus 5 working days]

Hi, and welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

You can do exactly what you want but you have to use a delta of plain days, not "working days".

The concept of "working days" is actually quite hard to implement in a general way. Given each location has different holidays, it's not really possible for Text Blaze to know what's a "working day" and what's not for you.

Hi Scott,

I was just thinking this. So can Text Blaze can work off Monday-Friday, ignoring Saturday and Sunday?

So I input a date in a text field, then Text Blaze will repeat that date elsewhere in the message, minus 5 days (excluding Saturday and Sunday)?

If so, what would be the best was of doing this as I'm a bit of a n00b and I was scratching my head all evening trying to figure it out.

Since you want to shift by 5 working days, it would be simplest to shift by a week.

Here's a quick example doing what you want:

Date: {formtext: name=date; default=2020-01-01}
A week prior: {time: MMM DD, YYYY; at={=date}; shift=-1W}

Hi Scott! That's awesome, thank you. To complicate it... what if I needed four working days, six working days, etc? Different emails would need different timeframes.

Unfortunately that wouldn't currently be possible.

That's a shame; most of my emails include "if you want something by this date, you need to return by this date" and it would have been good to automate one of those, based off the value of the other.