Adding Attachments

Hi Guys,

Wondering if there is a way to add attachments to a template? The attachment is stored on my laptop and dropbox.

Thanks

Hi @DavidT Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion. Adding attachments to templates is not possible yet.

On the technical side, we can fetch files from dropbox, but attaching to the target editor is a challenge.

Which website or app are you using with Text Blaze? Is it Gmail, WhatsApp, Slack, etc. Maybe there is some workaround for that specific website.

Thanks Gaurang,

Loving the app so far. This is for Gmail.

I see. So how do you attach a dropbox file as an attachment right now? Do you download it to your system and then re-upload it to Gmail?

Sorry for the delay Gaurang, I lost track of this.
I simply attach them from my computer, as the files are synced on the dropbox folder on my computer. So technically, I have both options to make this work:

1. Via my computer (treated like adding any other file from the computer)
  2. Via a dropbox link.

I just need to figure out if TextBlaze would support either of those :slight_smile:
Thanks for your help.

I see. Sadly, the first option is not possible (yet). About the second option, can you do these two steps:

1. First upload the file to dropbox (separately, outside of Text Blaze), and get its shareable link
  2. Put that link in the Text Blaze snippet

Let me know if this is what you were looking for, or you had something else in mind.

Thanks Gaurang,

I am guessing this would give down give them a download link as opposed to the attachment itself?

Is the first option, something that is in the pipeline?

Cheers

Yup you are correct.

There's some general issues with dynamic attachments, see details here: Adding Attachments/Files. Though, it might be possible to support static attachments (ones that you can prefill in your snippet). We would explore that in the future.